Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Contraceptive Bars
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Mrs Q had her 6 week post-natal check up with the doc last week. Doc was very keen for her to have the contraceptive bar installed in her arm. I told Mrs Q to hang fire and go over the literature for the options together at home to make sure we were clear on everything.

Doc was making a point that she was running a surgery on the 26th for the installation of the bars.

Does Doc get paid lots of money to do mass installations, or is she just keen to make the most of her time and do it efficiently as possible?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think I keep going to contraceptive bars 🙁

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve been told on more than one occasion that my personality is the best contraceptive in the known world 😐

emma82
    Free Member

I would imagine it’s because it’s the best thing for her at the mo – no pill if bf, condoms crap you’ll probably forget, can’t put a coil in as too soon post birth? They do tend to run clinics for such a thing just like they do for clymidia testing and veruka removal…. cheaper I suspect

headfirst
    Free Member

I’d say having a 6 week old baby is probably the best contraceptive in the world.

emma82
    Free Member

That’s what my cousin thought. Two weeks later they were pregnant with their next bundle of joy 🙄

headfirst
    Free Member

@emma: blimey. Where did they find the time and energy?

emma82
    Free Member

Not a conversation I want to have with them particularly but everyone I tell have the same reaction. 😯

Xylene
    Free Member

I teach a few kids who are nine months apart, some in the same class.

All of them are pretty crappy students overall with issues.

A well aimed **** best describes them really.

As for the bar, I take it I’m just being cynical then about the whole thing……nothing new there then.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

A well aimed **** best describes them really.

Jeeze, that’s not very nice. Do they really deserve such contempt and scorn?

Are you really in the right job? 😕

crikey
    Free Member

I teach a few kids who are nine months apart

Like my eldest two then, daughter off to Uni this year…

I suspect you’re not actually brave enough to voice these ‘concerns’ to their parents?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

We don’t earn much for this – and sometimes running a dedicated clinic with a correctly trained doc and nurse is the best way to do it.

If she doesn’t like it (presume you mean the Implanon) it stops working within 24 hours of being removed.

It’s a damn good form of contraception for the majority of women who get on with it. Doesn’t suit people who like to be able to plan their next period to the nearest second – or who get spooked if they aren’t having any periods.

Good info on the FPA site.

D0NK

I take it we’re discussing the “implant” not the latest confectionary from Mars.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Confused me, thought you were talking about latest set of risers from Easton….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Contraceptive Bars’ is closed to new replies.