Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Conti RQ 2.2
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Has anyone seen any decent deals on these?

Also: Anyone use them for dh?

timbercombe
    Free Member

Have used them for DH for the past year, they're great, better rolling than most Maxxis Equivalent, used 2.2" which is more like a 2.35" and is enough for me at 11 stone on the DH tracks I've ridden (CwmCarn/Leckhampton/FOD).

PJ266
    Free Member

I use a Rubber Queen on the front for XC (Race king on the back) great tyre, and have used it on DH tracks.

But, if its purely for DH get some Der Kaisers, excellent tyres.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Are they pretty much an "all-weather tyre"? I have been using High Rollers all year round (with a Super Tacky up front), but I am tempted by the RQs, because of their low weight.

heihei

They're pretty good all year round, and are as good as most things over wet roots etc. I still prefer Maxxis Swampthings when it gets very grim.

PJ266
    Free Member

Pretty much identical to a High roller tbh.

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

I have used a pair of 2.4s for about 9 months in the lakes and they are fantastic. When they died I was persuaded to put a 2.2 in the back paired with a 2.4 up front. I have never understood the thinking behind fitting a narrower tyre on the bike and still don't. I will be going back to 2.4s when the 2.2 is dead.

I found the 2.4s to be as good as a high roller grip wise with less rolling resistance. Only thing to be wary of is they will skim over mud without biting in.

sailor74
    Free Member

2.4 clears mud better than the 2.2. Neither have the grip or cornering speed of a minion though in any condition, although they are very good on off camber roots and in a straight line (they do roll much faster). I have been trying 2.2's on my trail bike and 2.4's on my DH bike, needless to say i will be refitting my minions.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have some minions, that I use for dh, at the moment and I was thinking about some RQs for trail riding, but I am pretty lazy and don't want to keep changing tyres so anticipate using the RQs for dh as well.

They do cost a bloomin' fortune though so will probably stick with my High Rollers for general trail duties, until the price comes down or when I'm feeling particularly wealthy (which isn't often).

pedalhead
    Free Member

Have spent a week doing DH in the Alps and 100+ km XC events on my 2.2 Rubber Queens (UST). Ace things, very versatile.

nickegg
    Free Member

Really impressed with the 2.2 UST's i've been running since April on my hardtail. Roll quickly and seem to have plenty of grip in all the conditions i've encountered although not much mud yet.

Just swapped them to the full-sus for next weeks Alps trip so looking forward to trying them on the same trails i rode last year running a Minion DHF/Advantage combo(tubed). Will hopefully get no pinch-flats at least!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Conti RQ 2.2’ is closed to new replies.