Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • Contador – Giro
  • mogrim

Mogrim – however that clearly does not apply if you read the WADA rules.

Despite your arguing this, there must be some room for doubt/interpretation – afaik (from my earlier googling) the decision is being appealed because WADA feels there was unreasonable political interference, leading to an incorrect decision – not that the RFEC itself cannot take the decision itself.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I know it’s all leaked and third hand information that we are going on here but as far as I can tell AC’s evidence in regard of article 296 is his say so and nothing more. If real evidence existed surely he would have made it public if only to stop people dangling steaks in front of him on mountain passes.

He was on record as saying that the meat was “very fine”. Meat from an animal treated with clenbuterol would be a long way from very fine, it would be tough as old boots.

donsimon
    Free Member

do you mean like the part when you said we were all less intelligent than the people making the decsion?

Hardly an insult , is it?
    I can’t help wondering why all the other Spanish riders who are caught doping spend the first few days denying it then quietly get on with the ban. They take an illegal substance, they know they are taking it and they take the risk, they get caught then complain for a while, then nothing.
    Yet Alberto insists, in the face of all the published evidence, that he is innocent time and time again… Strange, me thinks…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Ultimately the whole system needs an overhaul. Having national governing bodies making the decisions leads to too many irregularities and suspicion of looking after their own even if this is not the case.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The RFEC can take the decision as it has the authority. However it is supposed to be compliant with WADA rules. Under WADA rules he must be banned and disqualified.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say there TJ, could you just repeat it one more time for me?

Junkyard
    Free Member

well the local authority can make the decision but they shoudl follow thw rules. As WADA has challenged it would seem reasonable to assume they dont think they have followed the rules or reached the correct decision.
    In the ideal world WADA wants every sport to get their own house in order when this fails they intervene.
    It is unclear as to wxactly what the RFEC used to clear him tbh and how this fell within the rules- more accuratelly the interpretation of the rules – ie how he bor eno responisbility for the failed test. Given his inabilty to evidence his beef claim and the rules of strict liability it would seem WADA think the decision was incorrect. Yes it was theres to make and had the followed the rules no one would have appealed.

winterfold
    Free Member

While not wanting to get involved in the general meh of roady drug issues (dope or no dope Contador wins, but with Riis in his earpiece it is humiliation) there is one thing I want to pick up on which is Schlecklette dropping his chain – muppet – deserved everything he got. If the race is on and you get out of your saddle then drop your chain it is a schoolboy error and you will get your backside kicked. It was not a mechanical, it was a cockup – and will have been in spite of the trick fettling his mechanic will have done to stop the chain dropping.

mogrim

muppetWrangler – Member
    Ultimately the whole system needs an overhaul. Having national governing bodies making the decisions leads to too many irregularities and suspicion of looking after their own even if this is not the case.

This.

TandemJeremy – Member
    The RFEC can take the decision as it has the authority. However it is supposed to be compliant with WADA rules. Under WADA rules he must be banned and disqualified.

Which they did. Using their interpretation of said rules, and applying the one that best fit with their interests. muppetWrangler’s spot on with his comment – having a national body decide is a huge mistake.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yet Alberto insists, in the face of all the published evidence, that he is innocent time and time again… Strange, me thinks…

Not really, some of the Americans took their bans on the chin, even one case where the athlete claimed a similar story to AC’s i.e ingestion through contaminated food. Other’s have kicked up a right hooha such as Tyler (and his twin) and Landis (and his drinking binge). Different folks have different reactions, don’t think you can really group everyone together in that respect.

donsimon
    Free Member

muppet Wrangler, I’ve never met Landis or Hamilton so can’t comment on their reactions.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m not suggesting that I’ve had cosy fireside chats with an array of disgraced cyclists but was trying to give examples that an extended protestation of innocence doesn’t necessarily make that individual innocent. Different folks will react to a given situation in different ways

If an individual is dishonest then they are not likely to proclaim their guilt while they are still in with a chance of getting off. Both Hamilton and Landis claimed to be innocent right up until they realised that there was no hope of a reprieve. Only then did they admit to their offences.

donsimon
    Free Member

I completely agree with you, I was just looking at the typical Spanish reaction and how Alberto’s differs dramatically, and I would guess under the guidance of the RFEC.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why not stop all this silly pointless arguing, relax, and come and have fun on the architecture thread? Where you could learn stuff and enjoy things.

donsimon
    Free Member

F*** O**! Elfin. 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yeah. F*** O**! Elfin. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Contador – Giro’ is closed to new replies.