Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • computer help
  • sweepy
    Free Member

Some of you were kind enough to offer help with my black screen and cursor problems last week.
    The pooter is now working, apparently windows was corrupted and was reinstalled, it now seems to work but there seems to be stuff missing, for instance the touchpad works, but not the scroll bit on the side, and the menu thing that appears at the top of the screen doesent.
    How do I get all this stuff back?

Cougar

Drivers.

Presumably you’ve had Windows reinstalled from scratch and you’re missing all the vendor-provided gubbins.

Go to the website for your machine and see what’s available (it’s different for different manufacturers, see if there’s an auto-update program available).

Alternatively, if you’ve paid money for this, take it back to the shop and tell them they’ve done half a job.

Waderider
    Free Member

Cougar is on the money with his answer.

sweepy
    Free Member

I did pay, but it was an old mate who only really charged me for half a job 🙂
    Cheers mate, i’ll have a look at the dell site and see whats there- then ill come back here and ask more inane questions 🙂

sweepy
    Free Member

right, theres a list of drivers on the site, do I just download the lot in one go, and will it install itself or do I have to do anything?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘computer help’ is closed to new replies.