Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Computer Geeks Help?
  • ro63rt
    Free Member

I know there are some computer geeks out there in the MTB community. I've got about £300 to spend on a netbook. I've been looking at the Samsung NC10 but by all accounts the N110 is the replacement. What's peoples thoughts. All I'll ever use it for is Surfing the web, my music & photos. I've already got a seperate flash drive with all my photos & music on. What's your thoughts??????

MrNutt
    Free Member

the first thing that came to mind: hide under the stairs and wait for them to arrive?

eistrar
    Free Member

Acer Aspire 1 🙂

simon_g

Wait a week if you can – Windows 7 goes on general release. The manufacturers have all sorts of shiny new stuff that are waiting on that – if you're not fussed, it means old stock of XP machines should be cheaper.

Right now though my money would be going on an Acer 1005 seashell. The 10-hour battery version is in budget with enough change for a 2Gb memory module to go in there.

GrahamS

Both Samsungs are excellent.

mboy
    Free Member

If you're going down the Samsung route, there's next to nothing changed on the N110 over the NC10. Same processor, same RAM, same performance really. Just a slightly longer lasting battery (like 10% longer) and a tiny bit bigger trackpad.

NC10's can be found for significantly cheaper on the internet now though as a result of them having been replaced. Whatever you get, upgrade the RAM with a 2Gig chip though, as 1Gig is barely enough these days really.

fubar
    Free Member

…and to confuse matters further Amazon is selling two versions of the NC10…one has a 10.1 inch screen the other 10.2…as far as I can work out the older (10.2) has a matte screen and the newer ones have a gloss screen…faster speed RAM in the newer (doubt it makes noticeable difference) too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Computer Geeks Help?’ is closed to new replies.