• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Competitive Partner?
  • web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

Mine is driving me nuts. We can't seem to do anything together without it becoming a competition.

An example: I've just had 2 months off running with a knee injury. In the meantime, she has been training hard. This morning we go out for what is supposed a steady run down the canal. Straight out of the door, she runs off, no warm up, no explanation. I'm being cautious so briskly walking to get warm, expecting to find her around the corner. No sign. We meet later on the canal, both heading different directions…

I'm whining here, but f me, it's just so tedious.

Anybody else had this?

Smee
    Free Member

Ha ha.

Drac

Sounds like she hates your company.

tails
    Free Member

Second place is the first loser 8)

grumm
    Free Member

Hmmm no not really – does she not like you or something?

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

Yeah. That's about the size of it. I should MTFU. I just want a quiet life sometimes. Besides, she has to keep up with me the vast majority of time. I think I'm probably expecting too much to get some togeverness in the outdoor.

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

Hmmm no not really – does she not like you or something?

It's an awfully long time to be with someone you don't like. We are really good, but not with sports.

marsdenman
    Free Member

next time, just take a brisk walk to The Riverhead instead 😀

backhander
    Free Member

Don't train with her until youre back to the top of your game then thrash the f*** out of her and really rub it in.

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

next time, just take a brisk walk to The Riverhead instead

Damn straight. 🙂

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Depends whether she thought this morning was a 'couple's jog' or a 'training session'. If it was the former I'd say that's a wee bit rude of her not to wait for you. If she was of the understanding that it was a normal at-you-own-pace run then I don't see why she shouldn't go off and do her own thing?
    Sounds like you might be a bit competitive yourself though, so you might just be picking up on it more than others would.

TheSanityAssassin

And keep off the bloody canal bank too. You runners are a pain in the bo11ocks when I'm on my push-iron…

marsdenman
    Free Member

Yup, was there last night for a couple…. 😀

marsdenman
    Free Member

And keep off the bloody canal bank too. You runners are a pain in the bo11ocks when I'm on my push-iron…

oh, I dunno – lovely brunette jogging as I rode to work last week – did not know wether it was ruder to knock it down a gear or five and follow for a lock or two, or steam past and give her a shock as she had the old i-pod in so no idea of my approach…. 😀

RustySpanner

Ms Spanner didn't talk to me for ages and stalked off to bed last week because, as usual, I beat her at Scrabble. 😀
    She has been known to throw the board up in the air if getting beaten too badly.

Bike wise, I've been riding a lot longer than she has, but she still takes sadistic pleasure in watching me fail sections she has just cleaned, then repeating the details to everyone she knows.
    Competitive? You betcha!

zaskar
    Free Member

Some people are complete a-holes.

I ride or run with people and always keep on an eye on slower people to make sure everyone keeps together.

If people want to ride or run fast then they should state so-to avoid super noobs/unfit or injured folk joining up and killing themselves.

Your partner told you it was a steady run. For her it was a steady run-for you it was gentle jog to rehab your knee.

If she knew that then she is bit self focussed. If she didn't then you should have told her of your planned rehab run.

Whatever, just plan your rehab if you are healed and go on your own.

Why not get some easy mates to join you on a Bicycle Ride!

Your mind created this-not hers. I would not see it as competitiveness I would just train by myself till I'm in shape then join her.

Some people are natural selfish people who mean no harm intentionally.
    My GF is competitive too but we also communicate-sometimes lol.

Get over it, train on your own, ride with pals and get fit again.

And if you're still miffed-talk or just outpace her in run to boost your self-esteem. Bit childish though.

TheSanityAssassin

And being web-toed, why didn't you just swim past her on her inside? That'd have pi55ed on her chips.

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

@Rusty Sooo familiar 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

then thrash the f*** out of her and really rub it in.

Yay! Sex tips for boys :o)

Drac

Damn SfB got there before me.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Competitive Partner?’ is closed to new replies.