Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Compact tough camera
    Free Member

I have wanted to have a tough compact camera for a while and have just got Olympus Tough 610 while it seems to take a good still picture the video is rubbish due to camera always trying to focus which it never seems to do so it is going back to Amazon. Has any one got a lumix FT3 and if so how well doe the video work or is there any other good tough compact camera to look at .

molgrips
    Free Member

It shouldn’t be like that. Might be a fault. Call someone first. Companies don’t usually release products where features simply don’t work.

Frankers
    Free Member

I have only had my Lumix FT3 for a few weeks now as they have only just become available. Still getting used to the camera settings and GPS thingy but have used the video settings 2-3 times.

You have the option to record in AVCHD or MPEG, both seem to take
    good quality clips but MPEG is easier to edit on a pc. I can recommend it definitely

donsimon
    Free Member

Agree with Molgrips, sounds like a warranty job.

Free Member

Me and my brother have played around for a fair time with it and spent ages looking at the manual and could not find any thing about the forcus when using the video. On my 4 year old Lumix you forcus the camera and then finnish pushing the button down to record the video footage with the focus looked which worked well. What I liked about the Tg 610 was you could plug it striaght into my dvd/hardriver by hdmi lead and put it onto a dvd.
    Is the video focus locked on the Ft3 like my older Lumix. I did think about a Gopro but it seems I would be back to having to down load the footage onto the Mac which seems to take a lot of time to get onto a dvd.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah we are saying it’s a fault. So it won’t be in the manual 🙂 Mrs Grips’ Sony can focus when videoing no problem.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I have an Olympus Mju Tough 8010, and it does auto focus pretty well whilst in video mode.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Compact tough camera’ is closed to new replies.