Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Commuter light
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

Just returned my Cateye Single Shot Plus with a broken mounting (common problem it seems) and am looking for something else. Thing is I really like the light itself- bright, flashing mode, good run/recharge times, built-in battery, and no wires. Anyone recommend anything similar?

oddjob
    Free Member

USE joystick. I’ve no idea how it compares on price, but it is a great light for commutes

MrSalmon
    Free Member

OK, I should have included price! <£100 really.

z1ppy

well what can I say except… P7!
    Though I feel it may be a bit bright on flashing mode, but the 5 mode version setting: high/medium and low would be very useful.

brassneck

The cheap ass EBAY P7 torch and bar mount is the best bang for buck you’ll get. A bit homebrew if it worries you, but the light output for the price can’t be beat really.

tootallpaul

Niterider USB Minewt.

tootallpaul

Ooops. Double post.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Niterider USB Minewt.

Did look at those but was slightly put off by the seperate battery pack- is it a pain to put on/take off every time? And does the mount stay on the bars or do you have to do that every time too?

MrTall
    Free Member

Where did the mounting break? I have a single shot as well and found it great, i even did some offroading with it (used alongside a helmet mounted joystick before i got my Ayups) and it never gave me any trouble.
    Great light for the money. Joystick would also make a great commuter light if you can get one for a good price in the classifieds/ebay.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The bracket that sits on the bars is fine (maybe a tiny bit rounded) but bits of the rails on the bottom of the light are snapping away, from the front end. The more breaks off the more it bangs up and down, and still more breaks off until there isn’t enough to hold it on to the bracket. Shame because the light itself is excellent and was just the job for me, but taping it to the bars isn’t very convenient!

tootallpaul

The minewt is a breeze to take on and off- I use it as an offroad capable backup light. No mount on the bars (uses an o-ring), and the single velcro strap for the battery is a doddle…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Commuter light’ is closed to new replies.