Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Commencal Test Rides
  • greasystain
    Free Member

Where, in the south, can I test ride a Commencal Meta 5.5?

mr-bump
    Free Member

How far south are you? 😀

stealfwayne

Stop: A friend in Cardiff brought last years commencal 5.5 , 8 years as a racer now just messing about type rider, frame snapped after 5 rides out, they have effectively said not our problem….

greasystain
    Free Member

I'm in Berkshire – Mr Bump.

Oh – that not good about your mate in Cardiff. I haven't heard much about their customer service . . Is it meant to bad?

davygravy
    Free Member

Somehow I doubt that very much. If its warranty then it will be honoured! Madison bring Commencal into the UK and their warranty is excellent (if the stock is available). I know people will probably come on now and say that its not excellent because they had to wait 6 months for a frame, etc, etc. If there is no stock to replace it with, then there is no stock!!!

Anyway, 2010 Commencals come from a different factory to address the previous snapping issues. Time to let this issue go people, frames snap! Intense Socom anyone?

I've got every faith in Commencal and will continue to ride my Meta 5 as its the best mtb I've ever ridden.

undapressure
    Free Member

Think Skyline Cycles at Afan have a few. They are not cheap for demo's think a morning is £50!!

davygravy
    Free Member

Sounds about the same as most other places, although I'm sure you'd get that back if you liked the bike and bought it. Or you could just buy it without a demo.. You won't regret it!

greasystain
    Free Member

How do they compare to the Orange 5?

davygravy
    Free Member

Although both are single pivot designs, they feel completely different to ride due to the Commencal having that rocker link actuating the rear shock. The Meta doesn't feel like a single pivot swingarm bike.

I had a shot on my mates Orange 5 and didn't like it as much but that was probably down to forks, and other factors that set it up. Didn't feel as smooth on the rear end though and the Meta just feels like it has bottomless travel. It climbs really well too and doesn't bob about. I never really use the pedal platform on the Fox shock, doesn't feel like it needs it on the Meta.

stealfwayne

Glad to see they have addressed the manufacturing issues, if only they could admit to people that they had this problem then suppliers may be more inclined to help the very few (riders) who have had them snap on /under them.

My advice when spending loads on a new steed would be to try as may as you can. Go away and think about it then try some more. Never buy on impulse

greasystain
    Free Member

Hence trying to find somewhere faily local to test ride one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Test Rides’ is closed to new replies.