Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Commencal meta 2010 – Trustworthy?
  • djonser
    Free Member

I’ve seen a Commencal meta 6 for sale at a good price, but I’ve heard all kinds of stories (and read on sites like this and others..) about metas from 2008 and 2009 cracking. This leads me to a question:

Has anyone cracked (or know anyone who has cracked) a 2010 meta?

I know that they moved production to try and improve things, but did it work? Do the frames now live up to the good looks?

Any info would be much appreciated!

Dave

cullen-bay
    Free Member

its good… cracking in fact

WBC

I had a 2009 Meta 5 that cracked after about 4 months, was replaced with a 2010 frame that I have used and abused and no cracks (yet!). The quality of the finish seems significantly better than the ’09 model and am very happy with it…

sherry
    Free Member

I own a Meta 6 2010 and its been fine for around 8 months of use. It was a warranty replacement for the cracked 09 frame that only lasted a few months. I bought the 09 cheap and got a 2010 frame for it with better geometry and much improved build quality, all be it with the inconvenience of sending it away. The turn around wasn’t bad at 2 to 3 weeks.

Are you buying it new or second hand? If new and its a good deal I would go for it as it will get warranted in the event anything happens. Its a great bike and loads of fun. Just waiting on my warranty repaired Rock Shox Lyriks to come back now!

djonser
    Free Member

It’ll be second hand, so any warranty will evaporate.

It’s very encouraging to hear that they’re working for some people, thanks for posting!

I might just give it a go and see what happens.

juan
    Free Member

the 2010 frame is significantly beefier. The meta 6 2010 with the carbon rear end is 3.4 kg without shock. For example the thickness of the seat tube is about 1mm bigger. And if you look at the head tube it looks tnakproof

sherry
    Free Member

Give it a really good inspection as with any second hand bike, the cracks on mine were hairline and not too obvious at first glance! If all good I’m sure it will be fine. I haven’t done anything bigger than the Ae shredder road gap though, but I do weigh 16 stone.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

2010 meta 5.5 warranty replacement here,Its given no problems at all,and it gets some seriously rocky trails up here in the lakes.a great bike,but not “quite” as nice as my 2007 frame to ride imho 😥

Mister-P
    Free Member

Meta 6 with carbon back end? I would like to see that.

ianpinder
    Free Member

They sorted all the cracking issues out for the 2010 frame

glacier79
    Free Member

I originally had an 2009 Meta 5 and the frame developed hairline cracks around the seat/top tube junction (possibly after a month long trip to the French alps). It was subsequently replaced with a revised 2010 frame and after moving to Vancouver and putting it through it’s paces over on the north shore, it’s standing up to the abuse very well.

The Meta 6 VIP frame has had a carbon swing arm since the 2010 revisions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Commencal meta 2010 – Trustworthy?’ is closed to new replies.