Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Coming out thread
  • angryratio
    Free Member

I think i might be frankly..
    mediocre on a bike. damn that was hard to admit. Anyone else the same?

LeeW

I can't bunnyhop very well.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Looser, I am way past mediocre, well on my way to below average…
    Hang on, isn't mediocre kind of average, bollox…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Look, I ride a 140mm full susser with downhill friendly geometry.

But I can't get my head around blind drop offs.

There… That wasn't so bad, was it?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I'm out. Stupidly unfit currently, lousy trail skills, hate northshore etc. Constantly worry that I'm going to come off & seriously injure myself.

Can map read though, and have a great memory for routes (real routes, not trail centres) so prefer real riding somewhere interesting rather than trail centres anyway!

montylikesbeer

I'll be here all day with my failings, fitness in the bin and an irrational fear of new trails……………there said it.

ampthill

When I use to rock climb I use to spend ages trying to work out what sort of climbs I was best at.

The answer was staring me in the face. Easy ones.

Cycling. Well I don't need stabilisers. I can even land flat off a kerb…

IdleJon

LOSERS!

I'm a riding god. I fact THE riding god.

I can ride anything, up or down, as fast or slow as necessary, and for as long as I want.

I look cool in my riding kit, and my bike's spec is awesome.

Ahem. I'm a very ordinary rider, but who cares. I have fun!

carbon337
    Free Member

Time to tell the wife…… I can't manual properly and I'm scared of big drops!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I'm a much better rider that YOU……… 8)

Carpediem
    Free Member

I cant pop wheelie's and jumps scare me to death.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I'm decidedly average.

Fortunately, fun is not generally related to how good one is!

simon1975

I was pleased with my effort at clearing the new improved TopValleyTesco-FixieJump double this morning, but still wimped out on Bestwood's Devil's Drop. Usually I'm a Riding God, but I guess we all have our off-days 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I cant come out; I was never in.

I'd like to be more talented, but lack commitment.

househusband

My moniker on here is (not that I am actually one) househusband, and I'm only a mediocre mountain biker.

There, I've said it.

I spend far too much money on bits that I probably don't really need and was only able to marginally justify to myself that I actually needed them. I fall off seemingly more than anyone I ride with and have perpetually bruised legs.

jasn
    Free Member

I'm slow fat and middle aged, fortunatley don't have a pony tail or leather trousers though

Thank god for this thread, after riding the Dyfi and seeing the threads felt really inadequate amongst the MTB Gods who inhabited that thread!!!!!

Kuco

I can't wheelie 😳

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Even though I ride about 15 – 20 miles a day I still can't ride up hills, or down them sometimes 😳

wwaswas

I aspire to mediocrity.

Bing
    Free Member

I've got a road bike.

Sorry wrong thread 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I'm so crap because I've been riding flats for 18 months and still hate them and have dreams of SPD-attached-to-the-bike-and-TTFT-my-feet-are-in-such-a-nice-place fun and frolics

It feels so much better to admit it…..

_tom_
    Free Member

I'm rubbish but still enjoy myself. Fitness doesn't seem to be improving much at the minute, which is annoying since I'm doing the 50K Ruthin in september.

loulouk
    Free Member

I aspire to be mediocre. Drop off's scare me still, jumps look impossible, I'm still too wide on sharp turns which don't have berms and going uphill is hit and miss to the point of hilarity. But I have stupid amounts of fun learning, falling off, learning, falling off, learning and falling off. I'm a bit lucky though, atm I ride with people who are in the same boat, so we're all trying to get better.

Kato

I can't jump. Not even a little bit.

In fact, I don't even like my wheels being off the ground at any time!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I aspire to being mediocre on a bike!

_tom_
    Free Member

heh, jumping is about the only thing I'm starting to get good at, give me a rough/loose/twisty singletrack descent and I'm crap! Can't climb too well either.

jedi

🙂

GaryLake
    Free Member

My trackstands can only be measured in seconds, not minutes. 😳

gog
    Free Member

I'm rubbish even when compared to other old farts! But having great fun trying to be mediocre 😳

wildrnes
    Free Member

I love doddy

Kevevs
    Free Member

For me, it's not a gooder or betterer than thing. More than anything it's just about enjoying myself and getting out there. It's a form of escapism. I don't have to be good at it.

I jusy happen to be shit hot.

jam-bo

Its all relative, if I ride with my DH mates then I'm mid pack going down and out in front heading up.

Xc mates and I'm out in front heading down and bringing up the rear on the way back up.

bol

"most of the gear, and not much idea" would sum me up. I can't wheelie, can only jump clipped in, have been phased by very average drops, and my technical climbing is very hit and miss.

Basically though, whilst I wish I could get better quicker, and didn't have to worry so much about the consequences of a big off, I have a lot of fun and couldn't give a stuff what anyone else thinks. I do need to go back and get some more coaching though.

I think the most common reaction to my riding is "Why's that bloke with the custom built boutique frame and the full lycra team kit going so slow ?" 😳

nicko74

My moniker on here is (not that I am actually one) househusband, and I'm only a mediocre mountain biker.

There, I've said it.

I spend far too much money on bits that I probably don't really need and was only able to marginally justify to myself that I actually needed them. I fall off seemingly more than anyone I ride with and have perpetually bruised legs.

Apart from the alias part, that pretty much covers everything for me, too.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

I've got a rigid 29er with an internal hub.

This both suits my riding ability as well as my mechanical inclination.

metalheart
    Free Member

I'm definitely on the wussy side of things.

I chickened out of a tech down bit on my skills course (and managed to fall off on a corner on a blue descent).

I don't pretend that the new shiney stuff will actually make me better.

BITD I used to be fairly reasonable.

Now its the older I get the better I used to be…

lunge

I am lunge and I can not climb for toffee.
    I am to fat and have set my bile up on heavy side
    to help justify this.
    I also can't jump and get scared when the going gets steep.
    In fact, really, I'm just a bit rubbish…

souldrummer
    Free Member

I try to think positive but still baulk at a lot of stuff. There is one rooty step/drop on a trail that I have been riding for years that I still can't muster up the balls to do. All my mates ride it as if it wasn't there. Does that make me mediocre or even worse? Having said that though; last time I was in Wales I almost thought I was getting better!!!

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i spent the winter building a bike i will never justify because i am a drunk

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Coming out thread’ is closed to new replies.