• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Come here darling…smack!
  • Hohum
    Free Member

We went down to see my wife’s Gran today, she is 92 and we found her in very good spirits.

Just before we were about to leave I said to my youngest, who was about 6 foot away from me, “come here darling” and she ran over, tripped on the carpet and smacked her forehead against the wooden leg of the chair I was sitting in, ouch!

She started screaming and you could see the blood coming out of the cut and down her face 🙁

Luckily we were less than a mile away from Crosshouse hospital, so we visited there and we were in and out within and hour and a half. The staff there were excellent.

Thankfully they were able to glue the cut because it is wasn’t too severe and given she is only 4 at the moment and the cut is quite close to her hairline so it should not be too noticeable when she is older.

Just wish I had not said “come here darling”, but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

speckledbob
    Free Member

She will have forgoten about it in a couple of weeks. Very distressing for parents and child when this kind of thing happens.

No real harm done. Chin up.

CountZero

That’ll become a standard family saying and in-joke: “come here, darling” “not on your life! Last time I ended up in hospital!”

fervouredimage
    Free Member

My 4 year old niece fell and bit through her tongue last Wednesday. An incredible amount of blood and literally terrifying for someone so young.

But when my wife turned to me amongst the panic and said “do something, you’re a heart surgeon!!” I couldn’t help but giggle and retort “Trainee Heart Surgeon, Trainee”.

She was fine after a short trip to A&E incidentally.

aracer
    Free Member

I recommend keeping out of libraries. Dangerous places. My littlest one’s first trip to A&E followed a visit to one of those – he tripped over and put his teeth through his lip.

scuttler

Busted lip on a nipper – Get em a lolly quick – cools the injury and makes em feel better at the same time. The alternative being stuffing frozen peas in their face or asking them to hold an ice cube.

scaredypants

granny definitely tripped her up

mikey74
    Free Member

I recommend keeping out of libraries. Dangerous places. My littlest one’s first trip to A&E followed a visit to one of those – he tripped over and put his teeth through his lip.

Did you steal that from my autobiography, lol? Apparently i did exactly that as a child. I hit my chin on a pipe and my teeth went through my lower lip.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve still got a Lego-inflicted facial scar from when I was 7 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I sustained a head injury in an incident involving a tiny hekelopter only a few days ago. 😐

iridebikes
    Free Member

dont let your kids ( i was 10 i think) walk in icy conditions with both their hands in their pockets, as i learnt it can lead to long term dental issues.

Hohum
    Free Member

Thank you for the moral support chaps 🙂

She seems to be right back to normal now and is in bed with Mummy. I also reckon the scar will not come to much as she is only little and the NHS staff treated her well and it will stretch out as she grows.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I also reckon the scar will not come to much as she is only little and the NHS staff treated her well and it will stretch out as she grows.

It will be even bigger by the time she’s 18 then!

Joking, at her age the scar will fade quickly and by the time she cares about scars it will be all but gone.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

My nan dropped me when I was little (yes, I’ve heard all the jokes about that one!) – hit my head on the corner of a chair.

I can’t remember anything about it, have a teency scar next to my eye but only noticeable if you know its there and really look.

Apparently I also fell off a chair and hit a table, biting my lip in the process. That was at the same nan’s house (maybe she didn’t like me?).

Part of growing up to get a few cuts and bruises, and invariably some will be bigger than others!

Glad your little one’s ok now 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

From experience (sadly!) you’ll live with the trauma long after your child has any memory of the event!

Glad she’s OK. 😛

Garry_Lager

Staying at friends one time, saw their two year old take a running header into a doorframe. A sickener, looked like she’d put a crease in her skull. Saw them the next year and there was no sign of the injury, right as rain – they must have adaptive heads at that age.

Pyro

I have a scar on my left eyebrow from being hit in the head with a WWII army helmet.

“Come here darling” is a fairly acceptable phrase to have to veto, though. I had to ask my mum to stop saying “now you be careful” when I went out on my bike. I only ever crashed when she’d told me to be careful… (No idea what my excuse is now, mind)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Come here darling…smack!’ is closed to new replies.