Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Combining GPS routes into one file
  • stayhigh

Morning All

Does anyone know of a site which will allow you to join several different fragments/sections of a gps route together?

There are a few bits I would like to make into one loop without having to have several different bits on my Garmin and have to swap between them when I’m out on a ride.

scotroutes

I use Garmin Basecamp for that. it’s a free download but you obviously need a PC for it.

If you want to send me the bits I’d happily stitch them together for you.

stayhigh

Thanks for that Scot. I don’t have the sections sorted yet though, this was going to be my 0400 treat to myself after I’ve finished revising.

I’m not going to be able to put Basecamp onto NHS machines and annoyingly left my laptop at home tonight so will have to leave the combining until later. It would be nice to figure out how to do it myself but if its ok with you I may direct any questions your way?

scotroutes

Cool.

Either do it on here if you want to share it, or by PM. (email in profile)

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

My garmin 800 kind of has the ability to do that already,you can go into display settings of your courses,change colour and set to always display so you can have a few different ones on show at same time .
    I use Memory Map( not free and not a site ) to create custom gpx routes.

boxelder

Easy online in bike hike
    Click load route>choose your first file>load>click options button in bottom right of box>click merge>click load route and repeat for second and further GPX sections.
    No software download needed and finished track can be saved (to external drive/dropbox?)

CraigW
    Free Member

It is possible to combine them in a text editor. They are just XML files, so you can open them in Notepad, then copy and paste the relevant parts.

(though usually easier to do it in Garmin BaseCamp)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Combining GPS routes into one file’ is closed to new replies.