Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Coloured bars….
  • matt_outandabout

So what coloured bars n grips to go on blue frame? (pics to help me decide)….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

black or silver.

loum
    Free Member
    rossi46
    Free Member

I’ve made some colour mistakes in the past 😆

Sooooo, blue frame eh? Well a nice pair of white bars and black grips would look good. Black grips wont get mucky you see.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

No colour mistakes there Rossi, that looks wicked, mega, ace. Multicoloured front rings 🙂

Superficial
    Free Member

I like the Chromag ones, purely from an aesthetic point of view.

rossi46
    Free Member

No colour mistakes there Rossi, that looks wicked, mega, ace. Multicoloured front rings

You should have seen my gold Kona Cinder Cone from about 96! I had every component a different colour, it was like an accident in a paint factory 😆
    If i can find a pic anywhere i’ll post it up 😉

Oh how i miss that Cinder Cone, ive been trolling fleabay trying to find one (at a resonable cost) but they all seem to be too big (17″ please), too buggered or taking the p155 with cost.
    Anyone got one sitting in their garage? I’m interested.

Sorry to hijack your thread Matt 😆

rossi46
    Free Member

Oh and those RaceFace bars would look ace on any bike. Go for blue with blue 😉

doug_basqueMTB.com

Those raceface bars in blue. Best picture I can find just now. They’re ace in use, stiff and nice shape/width. Still nice and blue without marks after a full year of abuse.

HermanShake
    Free Member

What is the rest of the colourscheme? Is it black componentry with a blue frame?

I think silver or polished looks far better than black or white (which are a bit ‘done’). Timeless and they go with any other scheme.

As for grips, has to be Ruffians for me. There’s either classic black or a newer silver which would go with the bar.

A pic of your bike so far would help!

Houns

Silver with blue :fact:

munrobiker
    Free Member

BLACK.

Black and silver are the ONLY colours for bits that aren’t your frame or forks.

andeh

Orange! Complementary colours innit.

Elmo
    Free Member

And yes, it is blue.
    Just very dark.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yellow and black on heckler and Blue with blue on the blue on one

Gribs

I’d go for black bars with black grips, but if you’re using lockons then I’d have blue clamps on there to brighten it up a bit.

matt_outandabout

It currently is black stuff n black grips, feeling the need for bling, and discovered a big scratch/what appears to be wonkyness in old bar yesterday….
    Present….

Glen Lochay, Killin by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Zoolander
    Free Member

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have orange Chromag bars on my raw Enduro but I keep thinking about putting them on my blue BFe like andeh. They will just do so nicely with the head badge.

As for the bars themself they feel great and look great.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Coloured bars….’ is closed to new replies.