Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Colour coding bumpers etc. on a T5 van
  • WaywardRider
    Free Member

How much should I expect to pay for this kind of spray job? Any recommeded paint shops?

If the van is 4 years old how do they match to fading paint?

Any good sources for vw T5 alloys?

beagle
    Free Member

Hello mate. Feel obliged to post! Try a search for T5 forum, loads good info on there – especially on colour coding. I got my wheels from Race and Road. They usually have a few deals on. I went for some 18s which look like OEM and don't look too flash!

rickmeister

Colour coding £250-£400 depending on where you go.

Wheels, OEM Sportlines are sometimes on offer from dealers…

Other options:

DP motorsport, Ayr
    Rochford Tyres Essex

Used both. Just make sure you get the right load rated tyres!

lammy
    Free Member

As a car sprayer, I should let you know that the costly part of having your bumpers painted will be removing the textured finish of the plastic (assuming you want them "smooth") it is possible but quite labour intensive, as the textured finish will need to be thoroughly sanded and primed to achieve a sufficiently thick build to be nice and smooth.

I painted two T5 bumpers, front and rear spoilers and three door handles recently for a customer. He was charged approx £500.

As for colour match, it depends on the colour. If it's metallic, it will probably be harder to match and will take more time to paint – hence more costly. If it's White, it's bound to look "fresher" for a couple of months.

Don't be put off too much though – it will look awesome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Colour coding bumpers etc. on a T5 van’ is closed to new replies.