Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Colne Valley MTB Challenge 2012
  • TheSanityAssassin

Glorious day here in t’Uddersfield, with a forecast for the same tomorrow!!

If you’re pre-entered then please please please arrive in plenty of time. If you’re entering on the day – even earlier!!!

Bring an already completed entry form and £20 in cash and it’ll make registration run much smoother.

Parking is all on road and first come first served, so please factor this into your planning.

For all those who take part – we hope you have a really enjoyable time and hope to see you all again next year :mrgreen:

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Well that was an interesting morning out. All I would say is that the course designer is very sadistic!

The wind always appeared to be in your face, and at one point I was having to pedal to get down a reasonably steep hill!

I did 3hrs 30mins, which I’m happy with seeing as though I havent been on the bike much for 4 years and only just recovering from a serious bought of Pneumonia. Didn’t help that in a rush last night I put my rear mech on wrong and now have warn all the ridges of the chain!

Thanks to the organisers, was very well marshelled and a good atmosphere.

Still to decided if I will do it next year 😈

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I got a puncture just as I got to that big grass push up, then made a bid for plonker of the day as I realised one of my spare tubes was a schreader (don’t know how that happened) and then whilst inflating my other spare I managed to break the valve on it!
    Luckily for me my mobile mechanic – Big Al of Garage bikes was not too far behind, so I put my feet up while he supplied, fitted and inflated a spare for me. Cheers Fat lad xxx

Have to agree marshalls were superb and course well marked, a few more hills and it would have been perfect 😉 and wind? What wind? 😀

MrSparkle

That was ace. Thanks to SA for organising another beltin’ event. Head wind and massive hills were a lot of fun on SS!quite happy with 2:51 and had good crack with a few on the way round. Respec’ to sefton for doing it on his ‘crosser.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

To be fair I thought it would be a lot easier on a cross bike

mintimperial

Well I’m chuffed with myself for getting a sub-three-hour result (just: 2h59). 🙂

Definitely less horrible than last year with the headwind up Wessenden switched for a nice friendly crosswind. Well marshalled again too, cracking event, thanks!

sefton
    Free Member

great event (totally beaten up now though)!

To be fair I thought it would be a lot easier on a cross bike

some of the rd sections where good on the cx bike, but the rest with canti’s and a smallest gear of 36/28 made for a tough ride. 3h12 so quite pleased 😀

very well organised event. big thanks to all the marshals!

http://www.sportsunday.co.uk/portfolio259202p1.html

MrSparkle
    sefton
    Free Member
    marsdenman
    Free Member

Top event, again, folks, thank-you!
    3:58 for me – (just) beating my target of < 4hrs!
    I went out to enjoy it so, no stopwatches, no killing meself, just a steady plod in the middle ring…
    Wind was positively stiff in places but the wind assisted climb of Wessenden did make it a touch more enjoyable 🙂
    Kind of got my riding mojo back so currently checking the diary for availability for the next 2 local challenges – both had leaflets in your t-shirt pack…
    pennine x on 1st July and a (new, to me) one – the Kirklees Leisure event on 19th August (starts in Slaithwaite)

sefton
    Free Member

found this :[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZFzLzo9I-I&feature=related[/video]

and this :[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjru-5RrYU&feature=related[/video]

TheSanityAssassin

Results are now on the website folks!!

sefton
    Free Member

80th 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Colne Valley MTB Challenge 2012’ is closed to new replies.