Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Coldplay
  • grahamh
    Free Member

Oh, c’mon guys, without Coldplay, how else would we know what Beige sounds like?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtfNI6P7zDo&feature=fvsr[/video]

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Coldplay? no thanks. I watched after a bit of hype saying they ‘rocked the pyramid stage’ they didn’t rock me at all. Slightly OT, every time i see an R&B ‘artist’ at these things, i feel a bit sick. Tinee Tempahh-WTF?

scotia
    Free Member

STW not liking something SHOCKER!

oh i do love that this world is full of differing opinions. It seems only here that people are pillocks or deaf idiots if they happen to like something outside of the STW handbook..

nbt

I have said it bfore and I will say it again, I like Coldplay. I also like Slayer.

As for plagiarism, Joe Satriani sued them

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvB9Pj9Znsw[/video]

the suit was “dismissed”, looks like they paid him to go away but details are under wraps

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/satrianis-viva-la-vida-copyright-suit-against-coldplay-dismissed-20090916

MrSmith
    Free Member

music for bedwetters.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Cold play? Don’t like them at all.
    But each to their own.

Dancake
    Free Member

Saw Coldplay in Glasto 2005. Opened with Politic, I think. Big big sound – really ace. Had the hairs stand on end a few times. Watched for a bit last night however, but felt a bit uninspired. (bored?)

Saw stereophonics that year too – utter Crap. Faithless were brilliant

Northwind

I think they’re decent, for that sort of thing. Fix You is a nicely engineered song frinstance. Better than most pop-rock chart bands that’s for sure.

I remember seeing them co-headlining the Venue in Edinburgh with Terris in about April 2000 and thinking they’d never amount to anything, but it was possible Terris would be huge.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

We desperately need another Pixies, New Order, Damned, Jimi Hendrix, Smiths, Stone Roses to kick music up the arse.

emsz
    Free Member

We desperately need another Pixies, New Order, Damned, Jimi Hendrix, Smiths, Stone Roses to kick music up the arse.

🙄

Maybe like…Joy Formidable, Sleigh Bells, everything everything,The strokes, Bon Iver, Cyrstal Castles, The xx, Yeasayer.

There’s no decent music at all these days….**** sake

elaineanne
    Free Member

sorry guys, but i love Coldplay…and i like chris martin… he dances alittle wierd sometimes but then thats him… 😉
    :mrgreen:

vegasdave
    Free Member

Each to their own…..in the 80s we’d say that they were for people that liked buying CDs,but didn’t like music.

sc-xc

emsz…I was with you until Crystal Castles. Biggest load of shit I have ever seen. When she staggered on stage I thought it was a parody.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Trouble is that all these festivals are televised and are so much the worse for it , back in the day music fans , and music fans alone went to festivals for the atmosphere and to witness something unique , sometimes something legendary , but you couldn’t get it any other way . Back on topic Coldplay seem pretty good to me , they seem able to ” cut it ” live and their music is pretty good IMO , as has been said previously perhaps it’s cool to say they are crap whether you think they are or not .

ir_bandito
    Free Member

FFS, If you don’t like it, don’t listen to it or buy it. If you do, do. Simple.

Stop whinging about it unless you’re going to do something better.

Lifer
    Free Member

No.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

More om the point, why, with all those cameras and all that money, can I not watch QOTSA live now dagnammit!

billybob
    Free Member

QOTSA are on bbc 3 after Family Guy apparently…

devs
    Free Member

I don’t like them much but I’ve seen them before and on the strength of last night’s performance I might watch them at T if no one else I like is on. It was a good performance. Nothing like system of a down at download however………….

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’m masturbating.

billybob
    Free Member

I’m masturbating.

Tosser.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Coldplay’ is closed to new replies.