Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Cold and Snowy night!
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

who has been out on there bikes tonight, it was warm for the first hour, then after that on the tops it was freezing with snow! , my front mech had frozen mud on and wouldn't move so i couldn't change gear, my water had froze along with my hands i don't even know why i went out in that! got a headache now though 🙁 anyone else suffer ? make me feel better ;p

dobo
    Free Member

i went out for an hour tonight, cold clear and no snow down south..

all good and the water bottle didnt go slush puppy on me either..

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ah i was up Walsden, summit area for those of you who are local and know it 🙂

lowey

Brrrrr… Cold in Winter hill, wind chill was pretty bad. Everything frozen on the bikes. Great fun!

Northwind

I took the long way home but couldn't be bothered to go out again after that, so a cold and snowy evening. Love riding in snow… Old trails made new.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

crazy!!! i rode to and from gym at 5 and was so cold! i need some thermals!

trailmoggy
    Free Member

is that the top of the belmont descent near the mast?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Just back from a night ride in Glentress. Was great – a deer and I had the place to ourselves. Went well til just about everything on the bike froze. Worst was the water bottles. Then the front derailleur, then the jockey wheels. Still nature gives us a natural de-icer, but I need water bottles to keep it replinished 🙂

bushman008
    Free Member

Went for a thrash in the snow – not a lot here yet but was cold for first 15min with sleet/snow in face but first time out for sealskin gloves OMG they're good, made the ride totally manageable and enjoyable.

beefy

Yep, four of us went out near Holmfirth tonight, up to deer hill (for the locals), riding in a pretty big snow storm, so cold, pedals froze and had absolutely no grip, absolute blast though.

wors

is that the top of the belmont descent near the mast?

It sure is, i should have been there too but my freehub decided to die on me!

GavinB

Lowey – we must have just missed you (or crossed at some point). Was out with a few others off here around and about Winter Hill/Smithills Moor etc. Brilliant fun in the frozen snow eh?

Got home and tried to take my shoes off, except the velcro strap was frozen, then found that the laces were completely frozen and I had a layer of frozen mud/ice mix across my whole shoe. Took a VERY large sloe gin to defrost after that! 😀

lowey

Gavin, we saw some lights over on Burnt Edge, but they were heading for Walker Fold, not up to the Hill.

No tyre marks in front of us up Coal Pit path… but there were some on Coal Pit Road.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

winter hill is aptly named, it's always freezin up there

scaredypants

just back from a ride in Southampton area – weird loop of loads of little bits

BLOODY hard going though, semi-frozen mud

(was it anyone here who left the tracks on Baddesley Common ?)

cinnamon_girl

Snow near Swinley Forest, could be fun tomorrow 8)

tandemwarriors

No snow here in Dunoon but frozen mud and a damn cold wind. 3 of us did a rapid loop of Innellan & Toward. Great views over the Clyde to Bute, Weymess Bay & Largs.
    It was so cold even the deer & owls stayed in for the night!

Rob

ourmaninthenorth

Cold? What cold? Shorts and short sleeve jersey at the track (Manchester) tonight… 😀

NigE5
    Free Member

Yes five of us out, Guildford,Godalming, Hydons ball, Wind chill was very bad on the west surrey golf course.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeh thats the thing about riding in the snow, your parts freeze up and your pedals dont have any grip so any tricky section your trying to climb up just gets ruined and then u land on ur balls ;p

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeah that's the thing about riding in the snow, your parts freeze up and your pedals don't have any grip so any tricky section your trying to climb up just gets ruined and then u land on Ur balls ;p

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Up Rivvy last nite. GavinB, iceman and shredthegnarl.

Iceman
    Free Member

Top tas-tick picture. Good to see you out last night Gavin. 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Cold and Snowy night!’ is closed to new replies.