Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Coil Shock on my Heckler.
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Being a big lad, I've decided to go down the route of replacing my RP23 with a coil shock..

So, which would be better?

A PUSHD VAN R?

or a standard

FOX DHX 4.0?

They both work out about the same cost..

Or do I just get the RP23 PUSHED???

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tough to say without knowing what's wrong with the RP23.

Bregante

I can't see what difference being a fatass makes to whether your shock is coil or air? 😉

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Get a Roco on it, much nicer than Fox shocks.

nacho
    Free Member

Got a DHX 5.0 on my heckler and it rides sooo well (although I'm only 12.5stone)

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I swapped out an RP23HV on a Titus for a Pushed DHX coil. I'm just over 14 stone and was very pleased I did it.

flyingmonkeycorps

I have a DHX 5.0 on mine, but I've never ridden it with anything else so I can't really compare. It's far more bike than I need really but hey

boobs

Would you like to try one? I have a dhx coil as a spare.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Boobs.. Drop me a line fella.. 🙂

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Or do I just get the RP23 PUSHED???

Depends if you want to go "big" or not. I have mine pushed, ann it is an improvement over standard, but not a substitute for a coil imo.

scotabroad

Ive got a DHX4.0 on my coiler deluxe and its a decent shock as long as the spring is sized right, as per boobs note you can try my shock if its the correct size/ travel. The good thing about them is there is plenty of tweaking that you can do.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have just gone the other way from a DHX5 which was seamless to a RP3 for weight reasons.

With the DHX setup right it felt bottomless and smooth, still tinkering with the air can but do bottom it out a bit too much so not sure yet.

TF are out of the pushed stuff for shocks atm (I think) but would possibly consider getting an 2nd hand dhx pushed.

undapressure
    Free Member

Save a bit more and get a CC Double Barrel. Far superior to any shock available (IMO). You really have to try one to appreciate just how good they are.

Rickos
    Free Member

For me I'd always just go with a Vanilla shock set for me, so I just twiddle the rebound and have no way of being able to completely cock it up by fiddling with all the other knobs and that like wot you get on teh DHX.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Coil Shock on my Heckler.’ is closed to new replies.