Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coffee Merchants Leeds
  • tomhughes
    Free Member

I used to live in Leicester and got fantastic coffee from the St. Martins Square coffee merchants (If you live near leicester and love coffee you HAVE to go there, the coffee is incredible and cheaper than starbucks and although more expensive than the supermarket the beans you can get from there will transform your home cup)

anyway, I have moved to Leeds and so far cannot find anywhere I can get quality beans from. There is only whittards which to be honest is worse and more expensive than the supermarkets.

Anyone know of anywhere?

Thanks

dobbywomack
    Free Member

Easy,

If you go to Whittards then you’re not far from my friends coffee shop in the Victoria Quarter. Its the kiosk called Opposite, just down from the Harvey Nics seating area.

She/her staff make the best coffee in Leeds and always has a good stock of Hasbean/Square Mile Coffee. She also has Opposite up by the university.

dobbywomack

tomhughes
    Free Member

Cracking stuff, love the Hasbean coffee.
    I’ve heard of opposite, a reputation for a great coffee.

peterfile
    Free Member

The guys who used to run the coffee place in the Victoria Quarter opened up their own place next door to The Brewery Taps near the train station.

There is nowhere better in Leeds for fresh beans, they get them from small roasters over the UK and youll be buying beans/coffee that was roasted no more than a couple of days ago.

Edit: it’s called Laynes Espresso

pacemaker
    Free Member

+1 for Laynes.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Or just buy from Hasbean by mail order and get it within a day of being roasted.

dobbywomack
    Free Member

Laynes is owned by one of my friends old staff, they used to work in the kiosk in the Victoris Quarter and then opened their own shop.

At the end of the day they both sell very good coffee.

peterfile
    Free Member

At the end of the day they both sell very good coffee.

Indeed 🙂

Probably the only two in Leeds!

tomhughes
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I will check those places out tomorrow.
    Now I’m off to fire up the new La pavoni grinder with some sub-standard beans and make myself an adequate coffee.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Layne’s Espresso is owned by a very good friend of mine.
    go there. he’s good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coffee Merchants Leeds’ is closed to new replies.