Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Coffee Machine Advice
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

Back in the olden days there was a nice forum on here I could have plonked this on but it has varnished like an old oak table.

ggrrr

Rant over: I’m on the look out for a non-bean grinding coffee machine. The percolator is on its last legs and I’d quite like one of those sachet/pod/instant thingameedodaahs as a replacement. Budget is £75 tops. I’m only an amateur caffine inhaler but I don’t want anything that tastes like shat-in-a-cup.

jp-t853

To be fair you don’t need a machine to put shat-in-a-cup

therealhoops
    Free Member

yes I do, I’m lazy

Holmesey
    Free Member

Hey TRH, how’s it going? I have a very old Nespresso machine, that I have just used today for the first time in ages [sits back and waits for barbed comments etc]
    but to be honest I now use a stove top espresso thing as it makes the house smell of coffee, makes great gurgling noises and you don’t have to subscribe to the George Clooney fan club and get loads of hype laden designer nonsense posted to you every month (that you know you are actually paying for)
    However if you’re on the go and just have a moment to brew up/not good at cleaning the machine, then the pod things have their place.
    there are probably cheaper other alternatives around, or I imagine there’s a good 2nd hand market from people who want to make space in the cupboard for sandwich toasters, smoothie makers and chocolate fountains.

MrNutt
    Free Member

save yr pennys and buy a refurb gaccia classic, you’ll be very pleased you did, its the most used item in my kitchen!!

ericemel
    Free Member

Cup top filter and paper cone – great results imho & cheap

Don’t go down the pod route.

FuzzyWuzzy

Noticed today my local Comet had a Miele CVA3650 coffee machine reduced to £450 (from £1400ish), bargain I thought but figured I’d check reviews. Turns out it’s a pod-based coffee machine – wth, even at £450 who spends that much for a pod-based machine?

As for £75 then the Dolce Gusto would fit the bill I guess, I gave up using mine in the end though. The coffee was actually OK it just didn’t really taste like coffee and you’re very limited on options.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

its the most used item in my kitchen!

More than your cooker or fridge?

😉

montylikesbeer

Gaggia UK recon

The link above should take you to Gaggia UK, they have a recon Cubika for £89.00 down from over £160.00, in my view good bang for your buck

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely the coffee lounge forum wasn’t meant to be actually about coffee…?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

If you know where there is a Gaggia shop (I was in one this morning in Castleford) they will show how how it works and make you a brew to try it out. All for £89!

mintsauce5
    Free Member

bosch tassimo …love mine 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Nespresso is a lot nicer than Tassimo ime.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Dolce Gusto is the current front runner

bruneep

jura if you’re flush 😉

therealhoops
    Free Member

you could buy a bike for that!!

freddyg
    Free Member

Surely the coffee lounge forum wasn’t meant to be actually about coffee…?

It might not have been the original intention, but it most certainly was the outcome.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

therealhoops
    Free Member

UPDATE: I settled for the Dolce Gusto Piccolo. Very pleased so far, especially with the lattes.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Coffee Machine Advice’ is closed to new replies.