Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Coffee beans online ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

anyone use or tried these folks

http://www.lymebaycoffee.co.uk

free shipping seems a good offer as most online coffee shops charge the earth for delivery

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Hasbean for me not tried lymebaycoffee though.

chewkw
    Free Member

Or if you have TK Maxx nearby they have some Portuguese coffee beans (Novo Dia) available. 1kg for £8.99 or if you’re lucky 1kg for £6. I have bought 3 different blends of 1kg bag to try and so far they taste rather good. The beans are mixture of Arabica and Robusta so not 100% Arabica but they taste good as far as I am concerned and better than some of the so called 100% Arabica shite.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Hasbean every time for me.

They do charge for delivery but it’s very quick. You generally get them within a day or two of roasting. Something that never happens with shop bought beans.

sofaking
    Free Member

bump for the new years eve people

nmdbase
    Free Member

Hasbean are the best, i had some from Happy Donkey and they aren’t as fresh or as nice IMO

MrSmith
    Free Member

square mile, hasbean or monmouth and climpson and sons but i don’t know if they do mail order (i buy all my beans in shops)

i wouldn’t entertain anything without a roasting date on the label. a best before date is a lie as that’s probably a year after roasting.
    those beans in tk-max will be probably be stale.

stealthcat

We discovered Deepmills.co.uk a year or so back; their sales are phone and paypal based, but the coffee is definitely worth it – the despatch may be a couple of days after your order, depending on when the next batch is roasted.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Hasbean for me too. I had an annual subscription last year and it was fantastic value, £180 for 52 weekly packs. The consistency, variety and quality was excellent.

grahamb
    Free Member

Another Hasbean customer here. I’m currently using their subscription service, which is a great way to try different varieties i’d not buy otherwise. I’m loving the Machacamarcha they shipped a couple of weeks ago.

I’ll also buy Monmouth beans if i’m passing one of their shops.

DaddyPig
    Free Member

Small batch coffee in Hove take some beating. Can be ordered online and a nice website

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bought some of their coffee from a shop in Lyme Regis and it wasn’t bad, but not as good as what I’ve had from Hasbean, Happy Donkey or my local supplier.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

out of curiosity what happened to hill & valley, there’s was the best i’ve bought online.

k-sugden
    Free Member

http://www.garraways.co.uk/ Do it for me usually delivered within 48hrs of being roasted the Roma is my favorite

chewkw
    Free Member

I’ve never bought coffee on-line so perhaps I shall give them a try when I finished my 3 kg of beans from TK Maxx.

However, I could always get some from my local roasters namely Whittard (not really that local but they have a shop here in the GeordieLand and I like their Old Java) and another one (tried all theirs freshly roasted beans) which I shall not name. I find that not all so called freshly roasted beans are good and think they are mediocre at best with premium price because they are freshly roasted.

I particularly dislike coffee beans that have high acidity like those from Kenya etc but the Brazilian Daterra Sunrise beans can be rather good but in short supply. In fact none of the Daterra Sunsrise beans can be found in the North East since last year as the local roaster can’t get hold of them.

Anyway, back to my drinking my TK Maxx coffee …

chaos

I think I can guess the answer but having been given a nice burr grinder and bialetti for Christmas I’ve not been blown away by the result.

Could this be due to the beans being a tin of Illy espresso rather than something freshly roasted as described above?

chewkw
    Free Member

chaos – Member

I think I can guess the answer but having been given a nice burr grinder and bialetti for Christmas I’ve not been blown away by the result.

Could this be due to the beans being a tin of Illy espresso rather than something freshly roasted as described above?

Nahhh … the beans.

Put it this way you can still get freshly roasted shite if they use shite beans.

Or another way of looking at it is it’s better to have the best Robusta than shite Arabica.

eruptron
    Free Member

http://www.ravecoffee.co.uk just opened some peaberry. Rather nice 🙂

spooky_b329

Something that never happens with shop bought beans.

If anyone is near Brighton, I can recommend Redroaster. They have all the blends up on a blackboard with the date it was roasted, (they do their own roasting) and they grind it to order. They even have an grind specific for the Aeropress.

TheWrongTrousers

Another vote for HasBean here, I like the ‘Emergency’ feature on their mobile app. too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Coffee beans online ?’ is closed to new replies.