Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Coed Llandegla thoughts?
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Going to CyB for a couple of days riding and thought I would give Coed Llandegla a spin on the way up from Bristol. Any thoughts, looking for black/red run fun 🙂 for me and Ms Zesty? Cant see if it has a shower? Or is there somewhere else?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Whoops too many clicks ha ha sorry.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Its good for an ‘on the way to somewhere else’ place. We went recently after not being for ages and for someone that loves jumpy, bermy stuff, its superb. Love all the new’ish stuff and the freeride park at the end with the jumps and drop-offs is excellent. Maybe trail centres need to be privately owned if they’re to have the bottle/freedom to put decent drops into trails like the last section at Llandegla?

No showers and limited to getting changed in the bogs if its lashing down.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Its loads of fun!
    Someone will be along in a minute to tell you its rubbish!

scruff
    Free Member

Its rubbish.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 for private trail centers 🙂 but only with showers and changing!

nonk
    Free Member

when i am at any other trail centre in wales i feel like i am at least a little bit out there in the same way that you would going proper mountain biking. when i go to llandegla i feel like i am at some kind of ropey tourist attraction. riding is still worth a visit mind you.

nosedive
    Free Member

I like it, at least they are constantly adding to it and improving it so you can see where your money is going.

that freeride run was shut last time I went, is it open again now?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Definately worth a visit. The jumpy bermy bits are ace. The freeride bit is the best bit. if only the whole trail was like it then it would be class.

donsimon
    Free Member

As a complete newbie to trail centres and Coed Llandegla my impression is that the blue is a nice warm up, red is a little longer (1 hour steady) and not too technical. Black is doable on a 100mm hardtail, granted I did miss part of the first black section, and is what I would classify as not too technical cross country as in you need more fitness than technical ability and is doable at a steady pace in the 1.5 hour mark.
    I didn’t see anything that requires a FS, body armour or a full face helmet.
    You will love it or hate it depending on your expectations. Gnarly it isn’t, fast and lung busting it is.
    Me and my jeyness have embraced it. 😀
    I kind of think it would be a good place for an STW informal weekend meet.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Normally crack out the Afan black and W2 in 3 hours so maybe I might be a little disapointed? But its on the wat to CyB maybe just go there early and do more trails 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Coed Llandegla thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.