Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Cocteau Twins
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Fantastic or nuclear awful – -discuss.

millsonwheels
    Free Member

I love love love The Cocteau Twins. I think they are wonderful, although I seem to have made up my own lyrics to all of the songs… 😆

noteeth
    Free Member

Bloody amazing. Fact.

higgo
    Free Member

I so so so wanted to like the Cocteau Twins, not least because I love This Mortal Coil's version of 'Song Of The Siren'. But I just never found anything by the Cocteau Twins that came close to it.

It's probably 10years now since I've listened to any – recommend me something, preferably on Spotify, that will change my mind.

millsonwheels
    Free Member

I like Four Calender Cafe, but that is because I have lots of happy memories attached to it. I have an album of the BBC sessions which are also good, but I am not sure if that would be on spotify.

noteeth
    Free Member

This Mortal Coil's version of Song to the Siren is pretty much untouchable.

That said, I still love Heaven or Las Vegas, etc.

(And is Frou-frou foxes in midsummer fires the best song title ever?)

nickc

Lush

Pearly dewdrops'Drops is pretty much on most of my playlists I reckon

heihei

Liz Frazer – best female vocalist ever! IMHO of course!!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Bluebeard, Sugar Hiccup end of thread.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I love Bluebeard 'til my teeth itch.

I once drove through the town where they hail from. Not intentionally – it sounded nice. However Grangemouth is like Ellesmere Port on big fat steroids and is punctuated by pebble dashed council estates.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Fantastic – fact!

bristolsurfer
    Free Member

Soundtrack to my teenage years – loved them. Treasure is a great album though, as above, Song to the Siren is pretty untouchable.

MrOvershoot

Hig's if you still have a record deck I have pretty much every Cocteau Twins LP & EP

TBH I've not listened to them in the last 6 years so can't remember the track names. If I ever get the time I will convert them to mp3.

Along with The Chameleons that was my music

john_drummer
    Free Member

I so so so wanted to like the Cocteau Twins, not least because I love This Mortal Coil's version of 'Song Of The Siren'. But I just never found anything by the Cocteau Twins that came close to it.

+1 for Sugar Hiccup; Head Over Heels is my favourite Cocteau Twins album, but Mrs_drummer has many more

Liz Frazer has the most amazing voice.

CountZero

Hig's if you still have a record deck I have pretty much every Cocteau Twins LP & EP
    TBH I've not listened to them in the last 6 years so can't remember the track names. If I ever get the time I will convert them to mp3.

they're all on cd anyway, so why bother.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Missed out on them the first time around but been rediscovering again recently after hearing a few of their songs a while back on 6music. Only been listening to Heaven Or Las Vegas though. Absolutely wonderful.

doh
    Free Member

not sure. over the past year or so been coverting my old stuff to mp3, reckon i must have the majority of the stuff they released (no idea why) even found a cd of cocteau covers by bands i never heard of/cant remember. im finding it hard to get back into them, is it cos i dont smoke as much weed anymore.
    pearly pearly dewdrops is still jawdropping though.

ononeorange

Used to listen to them 20 years ago – still do! Great (IMO).

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Wow, not listened to them in 15 years – time to dig out some vinyl.
    Good shout DS!

Reluctant
    Free Member

Garlands was my fave album, just for being so damn cold. Treasure next for being warm and fluffy. Who knows what it would soumd like now…..stuck in the eighties or still acceptable?

On the subject of eighties music, does anyone else think Bill Nelson was the baddest and a major influence on modern music?

grahamb
    Free Member

I first heard them on the John Peel show when Garlands came out & went out & bought it the following day. Loved it. I like the raw sound of the early music, especially Garlands. What they did after that, IMO, started disappearing up it's own orifice & just kept going. It all got a bit too fluffy & nice. The only Harold Budd album i won't listen to is the one he did with Liz & Will.

Reluctant, i never managed to get into Be Bop Deluxe, i know people who would agree with you though. Some of the Frippertronics sounding E-bow music he did is good. Love the Three White Roses album he did with Harold Budd.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Amazing band – love Bluebell Whatsit….

sputnik
    Free Member

You lot might just like the band "Cranes" then.
    Yup, they are on spotify.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Cocteau Twins’ is closed to new replies.