Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Coal dust!
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

Over the years I’ve collected two full buckets of coal dust from the floor of the coal shed. What can I do with it (in terms of burning it!)? Just chucking it on the fire doesn’t do much. I feel I need to mix it with something to make solid bricks perhaps?

wwaswas

Do you know any pregnant women who could sprinkle it on their cereal?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

No, afraid not 🙂

Bregante

Do this

allthepies
    Free Member

Put on a Black and White mistrals show ?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Bregante, is that perhaps a suggestion to not just chuck shovels full onto a hot fire? Might clear out the chimney?

tomd
    Free Member

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=304087

Primo suggestions seem to be either put a scoop onto some newspaper and screw up into tight ball and burn, or fill old big roll tubes with it and burn.

globalti
    Free Member

Rub it on your face, curse Thatcher in a Geordie accent and pretend you’re a miner?

CountZero

Join a Border Morris side, it’s part of the tradition to black their faces, started during the miner’s strikes, so it would be appropriate:

[/url] image by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

😉

muppet4
    Free Member

Personally I would wrap it in a bin liner and chuck it.
    If you do decide to use it by mixing it or wrapping, remember to wear a fp3 graded mask, it’s carcegenic.
    When I’m sweeping I always have my mask on.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

It’s not soot, it’s dust off the coal. Mixing it with wall paper paste then pouring it into flower pots to make briquettes seems to be the favourite way of burning it.

Hello Dave

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Coal dust!’ is closed to new replies.