Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Cloverfield
  • myheadsashed

Is anyone watching this and is the camera work doing their f00king head in too? 👿

Creg

whole film did my head in

I paid £3 for it and glad it wasnt a penny more, was even happier when my brother stole it

kimbers

well ive just read an interview with the director of that film
    talkin about his remake of let the right one in
    hes a hollywood hack like all the rest

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45377

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Best alien invasion film ever made. Bar none. Just brilliant. 😛

pennine
    Free Member

I've had to rest my eyes by typing on here

MrSalmon
    Free Member

well ive just read an interview with the director of that film
    hes a hollywood hack like all the rest

Are these lyrics from something? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

*cries*

epicsteve
    Free Member

I managed to watch about 2-minutes before deciding there was no way I was watching the rest.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

My missus saw this at the flicks and had a bad nut for a day or two afterwards

joolsburger
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it, good popcorn movie..

fbk
    Free Member

Great film. Slow start but very entertaining. I don't normally like the bouncy camare view but it seemed to work on this

warton
    Free Member

I like it

LMT
    Free Member

I thought it was a really good film, only problem is it never really ended or gave us any answers, well i didn't get any ethier that or i missed it all! its supposed to be a trilogy so lets see what comes next.

simonralli2
    Free Member

This was on tv a few weeks ago. I was vaguely aware of the hype but out of the country when it came out so missed any discussions.

I thought it was good, but it seemed to be much more of a traditional monster flick than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting to see the monster, but when you did it was more doctor who than some wierd multidimensional head-fek type situation as per the original Solaris. Not a bad film, but maybe not quite matching up to the hype.

The battery on the video recorder lasted a lot longer than mine ever did, and there were a few too many times when you thought if you were in that position, you would run like the wind and not video, but then I can't wheelie either, as per current survey on the home page.

myheadsashed

they're getting an awful lot of mobile phone reception even in tunnels

PJM1974
    Free Member

It was by the same people who ruined Star Trek

Shaky camera work and a threadbare teen script does not a good film make.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Predator 2 on after. Shame its not the first one though. "Ged to da chappah"

PJM1974
    Free Member

@Swede

I've been known to repeat "I'm gonna have me some fun… I'm gonna have me some fun…" on long, Welsh climbs.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Saw it a few month ago on DVD. Thought it worked but was expecting something else to happen after the end. Really thought I had just watched the first part as it was so short!!

st

I quote enjoyed it, bought an ex-rental copy for a couple of quid a few weeks back. Put it on and the shaky camera thing did my nut in for a little while but then got into it.

Nice to have a non fluffy ending for a change.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I've often thought all you need to get away from a monster, when faced with teeth crushing horrible death, is a good wheelie.

I've never had the opportunity to put my theory to the test though.
    8)

brakes
    Free Member

hot chicks, monsters and explosions
    what's not to like?

edhornby

everyone dies

there you go you don't need to watch it (it's rubbish)

simonralli2
    Free Member

The thing about the end is that the video camera seemed to survive a nuke on New York, or am I wrong?

johnners
    Free Member

it never really ended or gave us any answers

Best things about it. It was just inexplicable stuff happening, like what was the deal with the exploding people?

myheadsashed

Justice is served the monster f00kin' ate him annoying ****t 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just the sd card.

highclimber
    Free Member

84 mins of my life I will never get back. glad I only paid £3 from Asda for it! everybody raved about it when it came out. I fail to see the hype!

jackthedog
    Free Member

Fully enjoyed that.

highclimber
    Free Member

The only good bit for me was when that girl gets bitten and her head explodes! or was she shot by the army guys when they drag her away??

M6TTF
    Free Member

Hard work to watch, made easier by the fact that the 2 lead ladies were frickin' stunners

Napalm
    Free Member

Now then, who saw the alien splash land into the Atlantic at the end of the film?
    It's clearly shown over the left hand shoulder of the 2 main characters as they ride the Wonder Wheel at Coney Island; this video footage is actually at the start of their camera but at the very end of the film & it just helps to add some contact to the events.

Napalm
    Free Member

Contact = context

Klunk
    Free Member

I've never been so glad to see all the main characters die 🙂

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Saw it in the movies when it first came out – it was hard work to watch because of the constant camera shake. I got the impression that people had fairly extreme reactions to it – they either really liked it, or they hated it.

I thought it worked quite well as a novel take on the monster movie genre – rather than seeing things from the perspective of the all knowing scientists who see the big picture, you get a sense of the experience of the little guys who get randomly stomped in Godzilla. In that context, the various events that weren't fully explained seemed a legitimate device to add to the overall sense of confusion.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Felt like one of those films that could have been up there with the best………

…….but it failed spectacularly on most counts (sets, camera work, acting etc)

There's no excuse with modern technology for sets to look so blatantly 'movie-company-warehouse-set'

It wasn't a love or hate film for me, I'm kind of indifferent to it, to be honest. However, I was very glad to see some proper monster and not some arty-farty shadows!

chewkw
    Free Member

One word = Shite.

👿

ahwiles
    Free Member

gave me motion sickness after about 20mins, i had to watch it in instalments.

i hate wobble-cam, it ruins many otherwise-good films.

AndyRT
    Free Member

If you want an interesting take on alien invasion: District 9!

That is about as good a scifi film as I have ever seen!

Stiggy

I liked Cloverfield but was disappointed with District 9, how weird am I?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Cloverfield’ is closed to new replies.