Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • CLINT
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I went for lunch at a house in East Lothian called Clint last week. The sign at the end of the drive is in the upper case. They are fighting a losing battle with those who connect the L to the I.

ourmaninthenorth

You mean like the similar “pranks” that amend the Canal Street sign in Manchester by dropping the “C” and “S”?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider

Was it in Lunt?

rewski
    Free Member

This is how they’ve got around it down my way

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Lothian, eh? Not twinned with Orkney Mainland by any chnace?

tracknicko
    Free Member

rode past here yesterday. twice.

needs no modification.

druidh
    Free Member

P1020556 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

bristolbiker
    Free Member

There was a bridleway I used to ride along where, on one of the adjacent gates, ‘Please shut the gate’ had been ammended and scratched to ‘Please sh!t the cat’. Mindless and meaningless in equal measure, but it does still make me laugh….

bigG
    Free Member

Wish I could find my pic of the sign to muff.

AndyP
    Free Member

Any number of amended ‘Well End’ signs seen in the past. Somehow it’s the simple and not particularly rude ones which amuse the most. Can’t find a picture right now but the signs on the A1 to Shilbottle always make me giggle.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Friendly invitation 😀

organic355
    Free Member

shall we?

Spin
    Free Member

I rode through here a few years ago:

AndyP
    Free Member

Never mind the green sign there…that abomination behind it – I don’t know what the middle word is, but neither ‘country’ nor ‘crafte’ start with a K, so unless there’s some subtle advertising going on for Luis Suarez’s favourite cross-burning organisation, why use a f****ng K?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

The sign for Shore lane in Aberdeen, a favourite spot for ladies of the night, was constantly being replaced. Think about it.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

The sign for Canal street [ gay village ] in manchester is frequentluy changed to Anal Treat

AndyP
    Free Member

I really wish someone had already suggested that one.

teasel
    Free Member

I first noticed the Clint thing when Tightrope was released on video.

Jokingly thought it was rather fitting for a guy playing such a hardarse copper…

Blackhound

Went past Bell’s End Lane yesterday!

miketually
    Free Member

The River Browney sign on the A167 near Durham often has an e added to the end.

hammerite
    Free Member

There’s a village near me called Cotton End. In the mid 90s someone saw fit to write Joe after Cotton End.

hammerite
    Free Member

I wonder if CLINT has ever had the N stolen?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘CLINT’ is closed to new replies.