Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Climbing clothes for women?
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

My GF climbs (majority of which indoor) and want to get her some nice clothing for Christmas. Not being a climber myself I’m not really sure what to look for short of going into shops or ont’ net.

Any tips for girly climbing clothing?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Prana is a popular make as is Craghoppers.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Thanks darcy, will have a look.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    antigee

http://www.gearforgirls.co.uk/

used for running kit also do a good range of climbing stuff

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Just found that site antigee.

I’m really looking for a long sleeve top as the climbing centre is really cold this time of year.

epicyclo

Miniskirt, and be a gentleman, let her go first…
    🙂

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Dirty fiend.

trailertrash

Apparently ‘camel hoof’ (their phrase not mine) is an issue for women climbers. So some loose fitting trousers would be a good idea.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Yeah she has stretchy trousers, but they’re kinda cotton-y (old work trousers) and layers up on top. But she won’t invest in some nice clothes even though she’s been climbing for years.

antigee

looking for a long sleeve top as the climbing centre is really cold

as said above prana is climbing specific and do hoodies also look for moon – try googling outside shop hathersage patagonia is probably not a yoof brand but good quality womens gear

or if looking for a down jacket or similar for belaying in Rab is probably the most in brand

ferrit32
    Free Member

Prana and Moon for me and Mrs Ferrit when she used to climb (nippers have put a stop to that!). Prana do some nice looking stuff if somewhat hippyish, same goes for Patagucci

Baggy shorts with extra large gussets and slim fitting vest tops are the usuall for the ladies climbing indoors. Dont be tempted to buy shoes unless she is with you as its easy to waste hard earned money on shoes that look good but fit badly.

On the Camel Toe issue its probably more related to dangling a harness than the cut of their strides 😉

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

She got some new shoes last week – it was a big of a trek round all the shops! 🙄

Cougar

No other way to buy climbing shoes. I paid over the odds for mine compared to Internet prices, but it was worth it for the hours of patience provided by the sales droid whilst I tried on every pair in the shop.

Clothing wise, there’s many manufacturers to choose from. I’ve got stuff I’ve liked from Prana, Red Chilli and so on. Best bet is probably a local shop or somewhere like Go Outdoors on t’interwebs. Does her local wall not have a shop? (Where does she climb?)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

What about getting her a duvet jacket for winter, alot of the big walls are big buildings with high ceilings and can be cold. There was a thread yesterday highlighting a Mountain Equipment duvet jacket deal for £95.
    North Face rock gear is called A5 I think, their kit is usually well designed. Also Ben Moon, Prana etc as above.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Camels have toes not hooves 🙂

epicyclo

I believe there is a camel toe song…

tazzymtb

moon clothing, prana and lost arrow for myself and the wife when we were climbing.

trailertrash

we should have a camel toe thread…

edit: i just googled camel toe. let’s not.

epicyclo

trailertrash – Member
    we should have a camel toe thread…
    edit: i just googled camel toe. let’s not.

Wise man 🙂

NZCol

Have a look for some gear from Chalkydigits my missus rates their womans stuff and i have some mens gear which is good. Website HERE

stonemonkey
    Free Member

My favourite climbing gear is e9 although it can be a bit hard to get hold of.

Cougar

Why, is it slippy or something?

That reminds me, I’m sure I have some Stone Monkey t-shirts somewhere.

Divagirl
    Free Member

I like this range – trousers (Stretchlite Guide camp) are v v stretchy, I can do the splits in them in total comfort:

Mountain Equipment

Cougar

This thread is useless, etc etc.

I forgot all about Mountain Equipment. It’s very good gear at relatively reasonable prices. Good call.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Wow, good tips guys, thanks.

Just back from the Life Cycles screening at Glasgow’s GFT. Awesomeness.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Climbing clothes for women?’ is closed to new replies.