Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cleat angle, duck footed.
  • Frisky
    Free Member

Do you turn the cleat slightly in the direction that your feet stick out? So both my feet stick outwards, should I turn the cleat to point to the outside of the foot slightly?

stratobiker
    Free Member

I do, and left slightly more than the right.

scruff
    Free Member

No t’other way. I ride duck foot and its a pain to set Shimano cleats up. Tieem not so bad due to float.

poppa
    Free Member

I thought the expressions were pigeon-footed and crow-toed. Unless of course you have webbed feet.

woodsman
    Free Member

Just set them so that your feet are in their natural position – experiment.

Frisky
    Free Member

Sorry so for crow-toed/duck footed which direction slightly should the cleats point? I’m a bit confused. Wouldn’t pointing them inwards cause your feet to point inwards more.

Moses

The cleats should point inwards,towards the big toe.
    That way they’ll be parallel on the bike and your feet will point outwards like a duck. Try it & see.

momo

Yep point inwards towards the big toe, not too much though otherwise your heels will not clear the crankarms.

I had to set my new shoes up at the weekend and it took me quite a while to figure out which way, the other half was giving me some very strange looks as I sat there with shoe in one hand, cleat in the other and a strangely puzzled look on my face!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cleat angle, duck footed.’ is closed to new replies.