Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Clear Riding Glasses
  • solamanda
    Free Member

What riding glasses are you using? Mostly interested in the cheaper disposable type as I tend to break/scratch/loose them. Had some bolle in the past but they did move about abit too much. Ta

mocha
    Free Member

£15 Endura Spectrum – pretty good if they fit your face.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Safety glasses nicked from work.
    Cheap (obviosuly) and safe (by definition)

organic355
    Free Member

B&Q have a great range, all under £13!!

especially like the look of these:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11248073&fh_view_size=12&fh_eds=%3f%26%23159;&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372015}/categories%3C{9372043}/categories%3C{9372177}/categories%3C{9392065}&fh_refview=lister&ts=1294318935987&isSearch=false

rewski
    Free Member

Cheapo ones from aldi, just as good if not better than my expensive tifosi ones.

rewski
    Free Member

organic355 – good call, the ones in the second link look really nice but look as though they’d mist up quickly, unless you do the old rub with candlewax trick, which I never have tbh.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Safety specs. Go to a building trade show and get about 3 pairs for £10.

BoardinBob

Cheap ones from Decathlon. About a fiver I think. Do the job perfectly and they don’t steam up which is my major concern.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got about 5 pairs of Aldi/Lidl sports glasses. All with multiple lenses, all about 4-5 quid. Mostly using the yellow lenses at the mo.
    Don’t really see the point spending more, the Rudy Projects I used to use had no advantage whatsoever (except a pretty logo on the arms, of course).

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve got a few pairs but the bike specific ones i have are DHB ones from wiggle with a fixed lense. Another place to look is screw fix, got some nice Bolle ones from there with a fixed clear and a fixed tinted lense. Both very good fits and don’t make you look a ****

binners

Just go to ebay and type in safety glasses. All manner of Uvex and Bolle stuff there for well under a tenner.

I’ve had a few pairs of Bolle ones

Northwind

Bolle BL10s, £3 a pop, and work as well as anything I’ve ever tried. They scratch a wee bit easily but frankly who cares, at this price? Also got a set of cheap Enduras with multiple lenses, which are handy to have but not actually as good as the Bolles!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Uvex for under a tenner. No fogging and look pretty good.

joolsburger
    Free Member

The cheap Bolles are fine but are really, really easy to scratch especially when cleaning them. I just don’t bother anymore.

rondo101
    Free Member

bolle contours

I’ve had mine over a year (using them everyday) and haven’t scratched them. But then I’m quite careful with stuff.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I have a pair of decathlon ones, £15 I think, 4 lenses and 2nose pieces.

Never actualy worn them though as I hate glasses in general. Goggles and a full face I’m fine with but glasses just piss me off.

jonb
    Free Member

Another vote for bolle contours. Rubber nose pieces help them stay put.

Have a look at gear4fear on ebay for lots of safety spec options.

Twin
    Free Member
    Pooley
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few cheaper (free from work) specs, IME most cheaper models move around a fair bit, but I’ve currently got some Uvex from LBS, and I’m pleasantly surprised. Look good too.

househusband

I’ve been using for years the same Bolle glasses that Twin has suggested, and they’ve never moved at all – fitted far better than anything by Endura. But that’s not to say they won’t fit you.

redthunder
    Free Member

Also, if your disabled like me with prescription glasses.

Consider overspecs. I use Elvex, they don’t look to Roy Orbinson either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elvex-Fit-Over-Glass-Safety-Glasses-Smoke-Lens-OVR-Spec-/290516169086

angryratio
    Free Member

maddison Shades.
    cheap, rainex the lenses and they stay reasonably clear.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Clear Riding Glasses’ is closed to new replies.