Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Classifieds advice pls…
  • sv

Bought a FS frame of here (£300), the seller confirmed nothing wrong with the frame and the bearings were good. I happened to be googling about info on the bike and one of this sellers threads on here came up. He was asking advice on problems he was having with the frame. After which he has put it up for sale without sorting the problem. So apart from my stupidness in not reading his history and actually trusting what somebody says I have now had a month of email discussion. He has supplied a small part to try to fix it but it hasn’t sorted it. I like the frame but it might take £100 to sort and he isn’t willing to pay for this. Thinking a paypal dispute might be my last option – what would the STW massif do?

slowrider
    Free Member

Hard to say- is the problem with the frame something you asked about and he lied or something you didnt think to ask? Morally he should obviously not have kept the info from you, sounds a bit like a classic car sales ‘sold as seen’ situation.

It’s a real shame though, the classifieds is so open to abuse. Its hard to know who to trust!

nuke

Not hard to say imo…based on what you’ve said already (i.e. just your side of the story) if the seller knew there was a problem with the frame and didn’t disclose it, whether you asked or not, then that is bang out of order. If you don’t want to go to the time and expense of getting it sorted and they are not prepared to compensate you, I’d send it back for a refund.

spooky_b329

Check the T&C’s for Paypal, there is a time limit for opening a dispute I think.

You’ve obviously exhausted the negotiation/discussion route so name and shame in my opinion.

sv

I had asked for confirmation if there was anything wrong with the frame he claimed it was all good even though he had posted about the problem on here a couple of weeks previous. I am happy to fit the parts if he pays for them. It does look like a dispute as he is ignoring my emails about a refund or paying for the parts.

slowrider
    Free Member

Nuke, I said morally the seller was wrong but in terms of what the OP is actually entitled to it’s hard to say. As private buyers and sellers we take on responsibility for the whole shebang, unlike somewhere like eBay. I could be wrong, just my opinion!

wwaswas

Give the seller, say, 7 days to communicate and sort the problem out (check max limit for paypal dispute first).

If the issue is still unresolved and you didn’t do paypal as a gift then raise a dispute – it will focus the seller.

If they’d lied to me I’d be looking to return the frame and get a refund, not being nice and just asking for them to pay for the parts,

It’s not your fault for not checking, btw, it’s their fault for lying to you.

sv

Thanks, looks like a dispute.

🙁

parkesie
    Free Member

Bombers at the ready.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds advice pls…’ is closed to new replies.