Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • city of bath question
  • rOcKeTdOg

Does it have a park and Ride system?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It has 2, if not three, which I'd thoroughly recommend if you're not local. From which direction are you coming?

mtbfix

Last time I went to Bath it was early summer and a weekend and there was loads of parking off Charlotte St. OK so traffic was heavy heading in to town but the buses were stuck in the same queue. There is plenty of P&R too though – http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/BathNES/transportandstreets/parking/parkandride/default.htm

rOcKeTdOg

Cheltenham

colande
    Free Member

i know of a cheeky free car parking space slap bang in the centre,
    but I'm keeping that secret 😀

flatfish
    Free Member

if you can, go to the guild hall with some headed paper(made up) and ask for a contractors permit which costs a quid per vehicle then find a closeby residential street, of which there are plenty near the centre and park there for the princely sum of two whole pounds for all day.
    bargain-ous.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Landsdown Park and Ride is your friend Rocketdog. About five minutes from A420/A46 roundabout (if coming from motorway, turn right and follow signs). Not going for the rugby are you?

psling
    Free Member

We always use the Lansdown one too. A46 from the motorway junction, turn right at the Toll Gate cafe, right / left at staggered X-roads at end, then follow nose to the P&R on top of the hill just past the RaceCourse.

Gilles

By train you end up so close to the city center, no need to take the car. I bet there is a direct service Cheltenham – Bath

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers everyone

rOcKeTdOg

thanks for the info, lansdowne proved difficult to get to as "frozenhill lane" was frozen (i should have known)so parked at new bridge, had a great day

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘city of bath question’ is closed to new replies.