Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cilcain tomorrow
  • bear-uk
    Free Member

Never been, any thoughts or recommendations please.

loddrik
    Free Member

Great, should be quite dry at the moment, if you are heading out past moel Arthur towards the mast there are great veiws to be had. If you are heading out over moel famau there is a great descent on the other side. More sheep shit than you ever thought possible though.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Mudguards then, sheep shit is the original araldite.

project
    Free Member
    Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

Had the best ride for ages over there last week – check out the ridetheclywds site – we did 'Over the top' then linked to 'Arthur two times' cutting it short by dropping down the byway descent on 'memory lane' cos it was getting dark. Dry, proper dust, singletrack, mental fast descents and hard ups = brilliant!

bear-uk
    Free Member

Cheers for info, checked out website looks good. I have no idea where i'm riding, just following in a group. According to weather forcast its had a lot of rain today.

loddrik
    Free Member

I don't think it had too much but it has been pretty dry for a while now. I often ride there through the winter and boy does it get muddy. Shouldn't be too bad tomorrow through.

Russell96

Bone dry when we were riding up there today, even some of the year round mud spots were almost bone dry. Second the comment about the sheep shit, lots n lots of it out on the Veranda, elsewhere it wasn't so bad.

project
    Free Member

The veranda, lots of gates,

the bit near the log/sleepers, dont make a noise when passing the small white bungalow, as the incomers dont like people taloking or stoopping outside ,they used to have a sign saying so,

Also some of the gates drop, when opened, watch your toes arent under them , and one gate when opened also falls forward onto you.

Both fords, river crossings where almost down to a trickle a few weeks ago.

Beware of the sheep,they move away and then suddenly stop,for no reason,and sheep shit stinks after a few hours in the van.

loddrik
    Free Member

So how was it?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Great day out. Thanks for the info. Loads of sheep poo, found the dodgy gates. Not to sure about the white bungalow though. Plenty of climbing and some good descents. Did around 26m. That downhill bit the leads you to the small reservoir court our leader out, off like hell on his Nomad with us in tow until the boggy rocky section, he just jumped of at about 30mph. Arms and legs flailing with the bike cartwheeling after him. Pinch flat broken gear cable and he was shaking a bit. All in all it was worth a 5 hour round trip. PPS the van stunk on the journey home.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cilcain tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.