Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Church Stretton – Food on a Sunday
  • switchbacktrog
    Free Member

There’s a few of us riding the Long Mynd from Church Stretton next Sunday morning. Will probably do one of the MBR routes for simplicity.
    Long Mynd

This will be on our way back to the mountains of East Anglia after 3 days of Wales riding.

Looks like the car park by the co-op will be best for parking, but where’s the best place for grub around 1 to 2 o’clock?

How long will it take to drive there from Dolgellau?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

I usually park at Carding Mill Valley, which has a National Trust Tea Room selling good coffee, sandwiches and large lumps of good cake.
    If you have access to a national trust card or car sticker your parking is free.
    There are a few options of descents finishing in carding mill, in fact the best descent on the hill can end there (very cheeky though)

Journey will be around 1.20 unless the holiday traffic is a mare,

Esme
    Free Member

You might prefer to base yourselves at Marshbrook, at the Shropshire Hills MTB Centre. It’s quite close to Minton Batch! As well as a bike shop, there’s also a pub onsite – all with the benefit of free parking.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I had one of the best bacon butties I’ve ever had at a cafe/bakery on the main high street. Can’t remember what it was called, it was quite a large one. Seemed to be plenty of options in the village. I’m sure you won’t go hungry!

Esme
    Free Member

Wobbliscott, was it Berry’s Coffee House?

Houns

Proper Sunday lunch at the Dragon in little Stretton. Best to book

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Esme, no it wasn’t Berry’s, though that looks nice, I think it was Mr Bun’s. Can’t seem to get street view to work, but it was on the same street.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Church Stretton – Food on a Sunday’ is closed to new replies.