Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Chumba Bikes – any kop?
  • ShoePolice
    Free Member

Like the look of these bad boys – any one got one or had any experience of 'em?

ton

cracking quality built frames.
    had a hardtail, which i thought was not very uk friendly.
    and si is a great bloke to deal with.

richpips
    Free Member

I've got an XCL and it is ace.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Pony. Don't handle. Dodgy geo. Terrible.

Only kidding. forge197 got one recently (not sure which one) and says it's alot better than his Five.

ShoePolice
    Free Member

is the VF2 any 'less strong' than the XCL?

si-wilson
    Free Member

The VF2 is pretty tough, but does use thinner walled tubes than the XCL and has a carbon rear end. If you want an AM/Trail type bike with no massive drops or jumps then the VF2 will handle most stuff just fine, it really is a versatile frame.

Ant more just let me know.

mark.laird
    Free Member

Just building up XCL from Si @ Progressive
    Excellent looking bike, fox rp23, over-engineered – lovely, Should ride brilliantly – used to have a five but wanted something different – took it into my LBS (Fox cycles – Colne) Simon/Chris had'nt seen one before that says its going to be exclusive on the trail to me, but besides that it should be ace – 127 Rear Travel gona put a 140 on front – Will post some pics at end of month

TomB

My VF2 is fully built, as of today. Will start a thread with some pics when I've uploaded some, but it's looking sweet. With Si's deal on forks, my build is around £2500 with SLX/Stans on Pro2's/Thomson bits. Touch over 28lbs without pedals on shops park scales, which is less than I thought it would be with a 'budget' build. My red one is, I believe, still the only one in the UK! Si also has good deals on finishing kit, and will sort you out. First ride tomorrow, back of skiddaw, might not be able to sleep for excitement

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The guy who owns the company feels it best to 'up' his brand by putting other brands down, which doesn't exactly instill confidence in his product. Not only does he like to libel other companies and their designs/quality, he likes to try and mislead potential customers by portraying his opinions (subjective) as fact (objective).

hora
    Free Member

This is my (previous/older XCL)- great paint finish and attention to detail. I dont think you can go far wrong:

ojom
    Free Member

The guy who owns the company feels it best to 'up' his brand by putting other brands down, which doesn't exactly instill confidence in his product. Not only does he like to libel other companies and their designs/quality, he likes to try and mislead potential customers by portraying his opinions (subjective) as fact (objective).

example?

you need to be objective as well. 😀

Three_Fish
    Free Member

example?

This blog post and the related MTBR thread where the Intense welder responded.

Here's his suspension "facts" thread from MTBR, although it's been quite heavily sanitised/edited by Alan and/or MTBR admin.

He was instrumental in having an MTBR member banned for consistantly calling him out on his bullshite – caused quite a stink on Emptybeer (not that it takes much to do that!).

TomB

My new build pics are now up in the bike forum.

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind words mk1fan 😉 See you posted your stock answers for how does a Cove ride….. 🙂

I have an XCL with Lyriks up front and a CCDB at the rear, not had much chance to ride with the CCDB due to weather, health and diy commitments!!

But what little riding of that combo so far is it surpass's anything I've every owned, can't wait to get my fitness back up and take it on some "proper" trails. It was good with an RP23 but it's a new level of good with the CCDB.

I shan't be drawn into the politics of the owner and some of his comments, the bikes do the talking as far as I am concerned and I like mine alot, so are they any kop yep I'd say so.

Si in the UK is great to deal with too if you have an queries.

ojom
    Free Member

Thanks 3Fish, that was an interesting read.

metalheart
    Free Member

I shan't be drawn into the politics of the owner and some of his comments, the bikes do the talking as far as I am concerned …

+1

Si in the UK is great to deal with too…

+1.

And lets keep the mtbr nonsense off here please. Jezuz, some people really need to get over themselves.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Neil, everytime i see your VF2 it really grows on me. One of my fav VF2's so far 8)

metalheart
    Free Member

Si, any excuse to post a pic and I'm there. I dont need any encouragement…

I might even manage to get out on it one day soon (ventured out on the hardtail yesterday) :mrgreen: Need to properly test that DHX4.

richpips
    Free Member

Interestingly when I was considering my purchase, I don't recall reading a negative review on MTBR or elsewhere. Quite unusual.

hora
    Free Member

Erm that blog is abit unprofessional?!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Should ride brilliantly

This has to be my favourite STW review EVER!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Chumba Bikes – any kop?’ is closed to new replies.