Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chuffed with myself…..
  • Sidney
    Free Member

I've had an urge for the last 18 months to build up/buy a light hardtail for lady sidney so she can ditch her retro 1990 white emmelle bike and join me on rides with a bit more confidence and comfort. I've trawled this site, other forums and fleabay but nothing caught my eye for the dollar I wanted to spend but today on CRC i saw this frame and now I've just bought it! It looked like a bargain to me.

I can't wait to build it up. Mainly from components I've upgraded but there will be the odd bargain sought on these forums.

Now, any must haves for building a bike for the lady form?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Short stem and lots of headset spacers. Hope you get your **** tonight!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tiny-rigidhardtail-frame-suggestions-for-a-little-lady

Plenty of advice if you want to search for it. Looks a great frame for the money. I did much the same for my GF, cheap catalogue hitensile steel horror to modern ally HT w/my old XC bits on. She loves it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

Reba forks work well for Mrs NBT, the dual air version allows the action to be really fine tuned for her. Consider getting a ladies saddle, but read this thread first

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-a-comfy-ladies-saddle-for-my-wife

🙂

akira

Ladies saddle as it will be much comfier.
    Air forks as most coil forks will have to stiff a spring.
    Slimmer grips as it will reduce hand fatigue.
    Shorter cranks, women have a lower strength to weight ratio and tend to spin more than men.
    This is obviously all for the average lady who will be smaller/shorter etc than the average man.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

Ladies saddle as it will be much comfier.

Mrs Fascist started MTB life with a "ladies' saddle" but soon switched to a normal one as she found it too difficult to get over the back of the bike with a big wide saddle in the way and short little legs.

lots of pink things … that usually really winds them up 😉

akira

Charge ladies saddle is good price and not too big and chunky.
    Charge Ladle.

Sidney
    Free Member

Thanks for all the top tips chaps. Saw the "little lady" bike thread but not the comfy saddle one so will peruse.

If i get it tonight woooh! Two nights on the bounce, it'll be christmas all over again 😆

I've shown her pics of the frame and the complete bike also and she's really excited. She loves the look of it and doesn't want pink anywhere near it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chuffed with myself…..’ is closed to new replies.