Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)
  • Christmas watches – what did you get?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Mrs. S very kindly bought me this, which I am very chuffed with:

Show us your Christmas box watches

enduroforever
    Free Member

Got myself a nice vintage seamaster

derek_starship
    Free Member

Enduro – good call. I know this sounds wrong but I think that would look great on a light tan leather strap.

Alpha1653

Someone on here got a new Elliot Brown Canford which is gorgeous in my opinion. So much so that I’ve just ordered my own. I emailed the company and got a reply almost immediately from one of the owners with all the info I asked for. Turns out he designed all of the watches for Animal back in the day before forming another business the founder of Animal – Elliot Brown watches. So, not strictly a watch for Christmas but Christmas money is paying for it!

stox
    Free Member

It’s a watch and it was for Xmas so I guess it counts….

mattyd
    Free Member

image by mat.davis, on Flickr

Original 70’s jump hour. Wanted one for a while and Mrs D got me one for Chrimbo.

toby1

Enduro, where from? Blue face, numerals, seems hard to find on a classic Omega? Bloody lovely though, well done sir!

craigxxl
    Free Member

Alpha, that’s a nice watch to have.

ross980
    Free Member

I like the OP’s but really that Elliot Brown.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Not really for Christmas, but the week before I bought an Oris Artelier Skeleton in memory of my departed gran. I am really chuffed with it.

Nonsense
    Free Member

I got one of these. Really like it, weighs nothing so keep forgetting I’m wearing it though.

CountZero

Alpha, that Elliot Brown is a beauty, I really like the simplicity. Lovely watch. 😀

franksinatra

not beautiful but I love it

Alpha1653

The guys are still on holiday at the moment but once they’re back in, it’ll be in the post. I was after one to replace this Hamilton (a lovely watch but I couldn’t find one which didn’t suck up water like a sponge), but which was as tough as my 18 year old Traser. Judging by the reviews, the EB sounds indestructible.

Interesting, Alex Brown was particularly happy that his watches were being mentioned on STW – we’re famous!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Well, I, actually, got it out of its box to wear at a Christmas do – once wound, it’s kept perfect time. Not bad considering it’s maybe 2yrs since I last wore it. The watch was my Dad’s, bought as a 25th anniversary present in 1972. Dad only got to wear it for the next 7 years………….

craigxxl
    Free Member

Alpha, what model is that watch in the pic

brickwizard
    Free Member

Love the Elliot Brown….

rockhopperbike

mmm, Skagen

Alpha1653

It’s this face and case with this strap.
    I’ve ordered an oxblood strap as well as having the canvas one.

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Alpha, will they sell with the strap swapped, or have you bought the leather one as an extra?

Alpha1653

I bought the strap as extra but I wanted the canvas one as well so didn’t ask if I could get it instead. They’re going to fit the leather strap before sending it out though. It’s probably worth dropping them an email though as they seem really good at replying to questions. Look them up on Facebook as they’ve got loads more photos of the various options on there.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Toxic – that is beautiful. Enjoy on your dad’s behalf.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Some lovely watches up there. This Christmas I got a watch back as opposed to getting a new one. Had one sitting in a drawer that I bought about 12 years ago following a redundancy payout and I decided it was time to get it serviced and wear it again.

I have to admit to almost binning the service when I saw the cost and selling the watch, however I will probably never have the chance to buy another until maybe retirement so I went for it.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Ok I am once again finding it I possible to post a picture direct to the site, will I ever learn the trick? It’s a Brietling Wings from back in 2001, I loved it and then cast it aside when it started losing time due to never servicing it. I realise the error of my ways and hope to have it back in January.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Nothing special but I likes it.

Got this for the girlfriend.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cadence had another reddit sale so I finally ordered and treated myself to one of these which I’ve been looking at for a while now

matthewjb
    Free Member

johnj2000 – Member
    Ok I am once again finding it I possible to post a picture direct to the site, will I ever learn the trick?

Click on the little square with the arrow in Flickr and copy the code.

image by jj.nicholson@btinternet.com, on Flickr

jeffc

Treated myself to this in advance of xmas. 1961 Rolex GMT Master

trailmonkey

some lovely stuff on here but mattyd’s goes above and beyond.

twoniner
    Free Member

Another Elliot Brown here. Solid watch, really chuffed with it.

lunge

Are the Elliot Brown watches quartz or automatic?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Quartz sadly, I scurried off to the website earlier. Might email them later to see if they’ve any plans for an automatic version.

twoniner
    Free Member

Quartz.

brickwizard
    Free Member

wrecker
    Free Member

I really like the citizen Eco drives but the shit mineral crystals scratch to buggery and you can’t seem to get sapphire replacements. I have one upstairs that I really like but can’t bring myself to wear any more 😐

passtherizla
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    Cadence had another reddit sale so I finally ordered and treated myself to one of these which I’ve been looking at for a while now

POSTED 9 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Love the little 20 by the 4. Stoner watch.

twoniner
    Free Member

You can pull out the crown on the Elliot Brown watches to the date setting position for storage, that stops it ticking away and saves on battery if you plan only to wear it now and again.

Alpha1653

Twoniner – it was your original post in the best presents thread that put me onto EB watches. Very nice!

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Me too – I wish there was a stockists closer to me to try one on.

twoniner
    Free Member

I saw the watch in one of the MTB mags and was seriously thinking about it. Had a nice surprise when I unwrapped this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Christmas watches – what did you get?’ is closed to new replies.