Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 249 total)
  • christian baiting
  • kimbers

Stoner
    Free Member

superb.

does anyone know who DailyMash is?

Bit like Charlie Brooker was TVdinner or whatever before he sold out to G2…

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The professor stressed that stem cells will also have a wide range of clinical uses with the exception of bringing someone back to life after they have been nailed to a cross, ‘because that’s just a dangerously insane fairy story’.

Lol.

The fact people really believe in all that fairy tale cr@p (you know, the whole resurrection, son of God, walking on water and curing lepers stuff) makes it even funnier.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

‘because that’s just a dangerously insane fairy story’.

lol, thats a great quote!

RustySpanner

THIS is what makes Britain great.

Won’t be allowed to happen for too long though.
    God Botherers of all persuasions, along with their vindictive, all powerful invisible friend have decided that we don’t have the right to laugh at their fairy stories. It offends them.

miketually
    Free Member

does anyone know who DailyMash is?

It’s BigDummy off here isn’t it? 😉

andym
    Free Member

I’m going to have to start reading the Daily Mash-UP regularly:

GORDON Brown will today ask Barak Obama to make that horrid Fred Goodwin give his pension back.

‘OBSCENE’ GRAVITY MUST BE REPEALED, SAYS HARMAN
    THE government is to repeal the law of gravity because quite a lot of people don’t like it anymore.

UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE CONTESTANT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN WORTHLESS LAYABOUT
    THE BBC has launched an inquiry after claims a member of the winning team on University Challenge may not have been a lazy, self-indulgent ponce.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I saw one of these the other day

Genius!

trailmonkey

That is genius. I’ve gotta have one. 8)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m enormously flattered by the suggestion Mike, but it’s Neil Rafferty and Paul Stokes.

trailmonkey

Ordered and paid for 😀

surfer
    Free Member

Got to get one of those!

goon
    Free Member

Wasn’t on the back of my Megane was it Piedi?! (A **** with a ‘real’ one passed me on dual carriageway a few weeks ago, cut back in to the inside lane, and brake checked me. No safety cameras, rozzers, or any other vehicles on a long straight stretch. I can think of only one reason it happened.)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Can’t remember the car, too busy admiring the cleverness of the ‘fish’.

It was in central Essex

goon
    Free Member

Wasn’t me then. I’ve only ever seen two others.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

He touched me with his noodly appendage.

Drac

Ace that badge may have to get a window sticker.

crazy-legs

Daily Mash is the greatest newspaper ever. 🙂

Surprised you’ve not seen the Darwin Fish, there’s loads of Darwin stuff on that site, T-shirts and the like, it’s great.

EDIT: the T-shirts etc are on http://evolvefish.com

surfer
    Free Member

I got into this business to take science and rub it in their stupid, medieval, voodoo faces and I’m not about to give that up now.

I laughed out loud at this!

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Excellent!

Just ordered!

Now, if I could only get a Darwin badge for my bike… 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yes, very funny :o)

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

He added: “If only I could find some way of manipulating the embryo to make it gay.”

Almost choked!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i like the re-enacting biblical scenes bit too – very good

hora
    Free Member

I wouldnt have one of those Darwin badges on just incase one, just one person no matter how ignorant thought it was a god-loving symbol.

coffeeking
    Free Member

This is my favourite.

mudshark
    Free Member

Just for the record I thought I’d mention that David Attenborough discussed evolution and religion on Jonathan Ross the other night saying that he’s agnostic and thinks that there’s nothing about religion that isn’t compatable with evolution. But you lot carry on telling each other how clever you are – ’tis fine by me…!

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Mudshark,

He wimped out.

He hates the creationists, really.

HATES THEM!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, who’s going to start the Muslim Baiting thread then?

No volunteers?

Stoner
    Free Member

he was probably just being nice.

Telling the magazine that he was asked why he did not give “credit” to God, Attenborough added: “They always mean beautiful things like hummingbirds. I always reply by saying that I think of a little child in east Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball. The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator.”

Attenborough went further in his opposition to creationism, saying it was “terrible” when it was taught alongside evolution as an alternative perspective. “It’s like saying that two and two equals four, but if you wish to believe it, it could also be five … Evolution is not a theory; it is a fact, every bit as much as the historical fact that William the Conqueror landed in 1066.”

Stoner
    Free Member

well according to this quite detailed comparison of the Qu’ran and evolution the Islamic vs Evolutionary game is a score draw

Allah alone is Master of Existence. He alone causes all that is to be and not to be. Causes are without effect in themselves, but rather both cause and effect are created by Him. The causes and the effects of all processes, including those through which plant and animal species are individuated, are His work alone. To ascribe efficacy to anything but His action, whether believing that causes (a) bring about effects in and of themselves; or (b) bring about effects in and of themselves through a capacity Allah has placed in them, is to ascribe associates to Allah (shirk). Such beliefs seem to be entailed in the literal understanding of “natural selection” and “random mutation,” and other evolutionary concepts, unless we understand these processes as figurative causes, while realizing that Allah alone is the agent. This is apart from the consideration of whether they are true or not.

As for claim that man has evolved from a non-human species, this is unbelief (kufr) no matter if we ascribe the process to Allah or to “nature,” because it negates the truth of Adam’s special creation that Allah has revealed in the Qur’an. Man is of special origin, attested to not only by revelation, but also by the divine secret within him, the capacity for ma’rifa or knowledge of the Divine that he alone of all things possesses. By his God-given nature, man stands before a door opening onto infinitude that no other creature in the universe can aspire to. Man is something else.

RustySpanner

Mudshark – not what he’s said in the past, check out recent interviews in the Guardian and Indy. Perhaps he’s scared – can’t blame him.

If you believe in evolution, you do so after analysing the facts available. Evolution is such a counter intuitive idea that only by using rationality and reason has the vast, vast majority of the scientific world come to the conclusion that Darwin was right.

Belief in a God is in complete opposition to rationality and reason, as it relies on unprovable assertions made by strangers, the vast majority of which then go on to ask you for money.
    Of course, anyone is free to believe whatever nonsense they wish, but I have never heard a convincing argument that religion and science are in any way compatible.

If anyone has one, would love to hear it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Well, one could go with the idea that some american christian guy discussed with me – that the devil had placed all evidence of evolution as a temptation to disbelieve God. When it comes down to it there are scientific leaps of faith “accepted” fairly regularly, though they are based on more solid evidence and reasoning, but I cant see how the two can be compatible.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t forget folks, there’s Christians, and then there’s bible-thumping anti-gay anti-science creationist Christians.

The reasonable sensible ones just don’t make much of a fuss. Something to do with their religion I think.

RustySpanner

Captain,
    Good point, but the original post was about baiting Christians.
    The thread would now happily appear to have embraced discussing fundamentalist idiots of all faiths.

Molgrips,
    Alternatively, they realise, however subconsciously, that their supernatural beliefs have no basis in reality and cannot stand any kind of rational analysis, so do not wish to be humiliated?
    I understand that it is difficult for people to admit that their most deeply held beliefs are nonsense, especially if those around them (family/friends) are equally deluded.

Sandwich

It’s getting all ecumenical on here.

surfer
    Free Member

Just for the record I thought I’d mention that David Attenborough discussed evolution and religion on Jonathan Ross the other night saying that he’s agnostic and thinks that there’s nothing about religion that isn’t compatable with evolution. But you lot carry on telling each other how clever you are – ’tis fine by me…!

On this rationale Richard Dawkins is also an Agnostic as well as every other person that doesnt believe in a god.
    The second part of the quote is correct. Religion uses circular logic to prove itself to the satisfaction of believers such as the fact that the earth is only a few thousand years old and that light from distant stars was created on route to the earth! There is no scientific evidence in god.

We could circumvent the whole process and simply say Darwin and science were creations of God etc etc as reasoning like this is basis enough for those who choose to believe in god.

sofatester
    Free Member

Bulls##t baffles brains

Stoner
    Free Member

We could circumvent the whole process and simply say Darwin and science were creations of God etc etc as reasoning like this is basis enough for those who choose to believe in god.

which is pretty much where Islam goes too.

VanHalen

I saw one of these the other day

Genius!

a god botherer parked next to me a few days ago in a service station car park. they had a fish window sticker.

their car was also very dirty.

i drew some feet on it when they went to get some food.

am i a bad person?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 249 total)

The topic ‘christian baiting’ is closed to new replies.