Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Chris huhne?
  • jota180
    Free Member

no, not long – there’s also the margin to consider

konabunny
    Free Member

To defend him – this was a relatively trivial offence, which many many people have done, and has been dragged up by his ex-wife.

It’s not a trivial offence esp considering he was an elected officeholder at the time – which is a position of trust and sensitivity.

Duress? No chance. “He wanted her to do it” isn’t the same as “he’d fing kill her if she didn’t do it”.

Klunk
    Free Member

“The Crown Prosecution Service’s decision today is deeply regrettable,”

yeah how dare they, do they know who I am ! jumped up Bureaucrats !

wallace1492
    Free Member

Hope he gets what he deserves!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

What he deserves, is twenty years in a siberian gulag. But we might get lucky and he gets a couple of months.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

this was a relatively trivial offence, which many many people have done, and has been dragged up by his ex-wife. If she was happy to do this 9 years ago, what’s the basis for going to the police now?

As I understand it she didn’t go to the police. The police interviewed her as the result of a complaint which they received. Sure she spilt the beans, but she didn’t go to the police demanding that he be prosecuted, someone else did that.

And although I’m not her publicist I’m sure that she would argue that if he’s done a dirty on him then it’s nothing compared to what he did to her.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“Chris Huhne” is Swahili for “Self serving career politician scumbag who should never be allowed to hold office again”.

Trufax.

Give the guy a break, he’s a Liberal Democrat – what do people expect from a Liberal Democrat ? For a Liberal Democrat lying to get what/where you want is morally justifiable. Specially if it involves lying to your own voters.

Chris Huhne before the general election, May 2007 :

“Nuclear power is a tried, tested and failed technology, which is clearly a costly blind alley”

Chris Huhne after the general election and having secured the job he wanted as cabinet minister for energy and climate change, August 2010 :

“We are on course to make sure that the first new nuclear power station opens on time in 2018”

Liberal Democrat = a fancy term for electoral fraud.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Ernie, swap libdem for politician. All of them are lying self serving arogant sh…s.

ps44
    Free Member

he seems to be generally liked: or maybe not
    and as for the climate change shite: do the maths

boxelder

I took three points for huhning down the M1 years ago.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The LibDems are in a league of their own uselesshippy, they even make Tony Blair/New Labour appear as amateurs.

Whilst you can expect politicians not to keep their promises it’s a whole new ball game when they actually take policy positions diametrically opposed to what they offered their voters. See the Chris Huhne/nuclear power issue – some people will have voted LibDem because of their opposition to nuclear power, irrespective of whether it’s a good or bad policy.

Chris Huhne was elected after fraudulently claiming that he was very strongly opposed to nuclear power.

British politics has always been the source of broken promises and failure to deliver, but ever since the LibDems entered government it has sunk to new lows.

Nick Clegg after the last general election promised a “new kind of politics”, he wasn’t kidding.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTLR8R9JXz4[/video]

uselesshippy
    Free Member

On a par with Blairs “we wont raise taxes” speech. They’d all sell there own granny to get in power. Saying that, the lib dems u turns on just about everything, is horrific.

irc

Huhne’s windmills are certainly not doing much today. Installed capacity 5.9GW. Actual production right now less than 1GW. Not much use when it gets cold are they?

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

http://www.bwea.com/statistics/

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

On a par with Blairs “we wont raise taxes” speech. They’d all sell there own granny to get in power.

No, not really on par with Blair’s commitment : “There will be no increase in the basic or top rates of income tax”. He stuck to that and in fact cut the basic rate.

A cheap political gimmick imo, but it got him votes. He simply collected more taxes in other ways. But voters don’t worry about that – they get all excited about lower income tax.

Thatcher did exactly the same thing btw – cut income tax but substantially increased the UK tax burden.

Personally I would have jacked up income tax and slashed VAT, but then I’m a leftie – Daily Mail readers were far more important to Blair.

aracer
    Free Member

Personally I would have jacked up income tax and slashed VAT, but then I’m a leftie – Daily Mail readers were getting elected was far more important to Blair.

FTFY – though I do appreciate that it means much the same thing. FWIW, this is one of the things I agree with you about (most of them being things no politician who wants to be re-elected will ever do as the masses are stupid think differently).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks, but there’s no need to fix anything for me aracer, I knew what I meant, ie, Daily Mail readers were more important to Blair than lefties like me. Of course you don’t have to agree with me, and please feel free not to if that is the case.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

“we wont raise taxes. We wont raise taxes. We wont raise taxes” So they put up NI. Anyway,.point is, all of them are sh.ts.
    Now give me my beer. Hic.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No uselesshippy, he was very specific. “There will be no increase in the basic or top rates of income tax” is directly from the Labour Party election manifesto.

Politicians generally choose their words very carefully so that they can’t be accused of lying. Michael Heseltine once famously said that he had “no plans” to stand for leadership of the Conservative Party at a time when everyone expected he was about to do precisely that. Of course he had every intention, he just didn’t have any plans.

That’s how politicians operate, by clever use of words so that can’t be accused of lying. However in the case of LibDems they don’t worry about such niceties and will shamelessly tell blatant barefaced lies.They have successfully managed to discredit British politics even more than it had already been discredited. Takes some doing that.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Chris huhne?’ is closed to new replies.