Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chips Away
  • rootes1

my other half scrapped her car a little yesterday parking…

not major and no dent..

any used http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/ for minor scratch / scuff repairs?

they seem helpful and were able to take a look same day to do a quote.

dooosuk
    Free Member

It’s a franchise, so largely dependant on how good the person you get is.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Been asked before I think.

rootes1

Hi Al,

did do a search before posting did not spot anything.

ta
    Si

ps yep thought they might be a franchise – bod that came to do the quote was Sunbury based

pps perhaps more of a pistonheads.co.uk post?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fair enough – I’m sure I’ve seen it though.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Didn’t look very hard did you?

Search for Chipsaway gives two results. Your thread…and the one C-Al is on about:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chips-away

Pistonheads will give you the same answer I did. It depends on who does your work…so unless you find someone who has used them in Sunbury you’ll never know…but general feedback seems ok on the whole.

Raindog
    Free Member

I wouldn’t, but then I’m an ex Chipsaway franchisee. Most expensive mistake I’ve ever made.

If the franchisee has been in business over 12 months I’d consider it, otherwise I would get a quote from a “proper” repairer.

rootes1

Didn’t look very hard did you?

Search for Chipsaway gives two results. Your thread…and the one C-Al is on about:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chips-away

sorry my fault searched for ‘Chips Away’ and not ‘chips away’… and had exact match ticked…

Pistonheads will give you the same answer I did. It depends on who does your work…so unless you find someone who has used them in Sunbury you’ll never know…but general feedback seems ok on the

Thanks for your input, yep bit mixed on ph and as you say can’t tell as it is all down to individual.

Raindog – have advised other half to get a quote from a proper bodyshop – have a decent one near us in Woking as well.

robob
    Free Member

i’m a “proper repairer!” and do lots of rectification of poor chips away (and other francises) repairs.

personally if its a car you want looking right for anything more then 6 months and aren’t just tarting it up for sale i would steer clear unless you know the guy is good. if its a high wear area like the front bumper i wouldn’t bother at all.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I wouldn’t, but then I’m an ex Chipsaway franchisee. Most expensive mistake I’ve ever made.

A friend of mine is another franchisee repairer and enjoying it. However, he started out on the Chips Away path and reckons his current company has nothing in common with Chips Away, other than they’re both mobile bodywork repairers – he does not speak highly of CA.

He works for Revive and is very complimentary. It should be added that he’s an intelligent guy with a great work ethic that doesn’t suffer bad work gladly.

Raindog
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz – Member
    It should be added that he’s an intelligent guy with a great work ethic that doesn’t suffer bad work gladly.

Unfortunately this, for me, was the problem with Chipsaway. I didn’t feel that the training put me in the position where I could offer good quality repairs, at least for the first year or so until I really got to grips with things. I felt that I would have been doing work I wasn’t happy with for a good while, then spending ages redoing the same jobs under warranty, so I walked away. Cost us about £50k.

Tinners

If anyone’s reading this in south Wales, I can recommend the ChipsAway guy based in Llantwit Fardre. He first did some work for me around 4yrs ago and again about a year ago (i.e he’s been doing it for some time, which is probably a good thing in light of earlier comments). Each time, the repair was faultless. I’d use him again – and I’m v fussy about the end result – but I appreciate that they’re not necessarily all as good as that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chips Away’ is closed to new replies.