Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Chicks Dig Scars
  • kayak23

The old body is getting pretty beat up now, from MTbiking, motorcycling, kayaking, woodworking and general wear and tear.
    So how about a ‘show me your scars’ thread?

3rd-degree pedal rash. Was my first day with Kyle strait pads, having previously used pads with full shin coverage. Landed a jump at Chicksands and slipped the pedals and bobs your uncle…

Broken Tibial Plateau, sustained from an OTB into the rock garden at Gethin DH track South Wales.

Pedal rash, but cleverly, to the back of the leg…

Anyone got any good ones?

Solo
    Free Member

Something tells me you’re not too good at this stuff.

Ever considered knitting as a pass time ?.

😆

creamegg
    Free Member

those knitting needles can be dangerous!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

watch the pointy end of that needle , noooooooo !!!!!!

Cougar

I don’t think I can show my scar without breaking T&Cs. Suffice to say, an inch to the left and I’ve been a little girl by now.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve broken shit loads of stuff over the years… No scars really to show off though….

Both ankles
    Wrist
    Clavical
    Most of my fingers
    ALL of my toes (at the same time)
    had bits of floating shin removed from my ankle
    sliced the side/end of my left index finger off, was worked on by Army medical staff at selly oak as the local hospital said they were going to take my finger! so I drove myself to Selly oak, The army doctors sorted me right out and kept me in over night to make sure the graft from my back took.
    smashed coccyx
    Cracked my skull above and behind right eye socket
    Knocked out 2 teeth
    several ribs at different times, always trying rails either on my skate or snowboard or fighting.
    several other minor things, Tendon damage and so on..

Love the NHS me….

Solo
    Free Member

Heaven forbid, any of you guys ever do any DIY.

Love the NHS me….
    HHhmmmmm

kayak23

Something tells me you’re not too good at this stuff.

Ever considered knitting as a pass time ?.

No, but when you ride at the limits of what is possible on a mountainbike like what I does, accidents can happen 😉

prezet
    Free Member

passtherizla
    Free Member

Love the NHS me….
    HHhmmmmm

what? I do…?

And I’m pretty handy with DIY and as yet have only had minor incidents.

Solo
    Free Member

And I’m pretty handy with DIY and as yet have only had minor incidents.

PMSL, This thread is excellent.
    Best comedy yet.

cinnamon_girl

prezet – what did you have done there?

cinnamon_girl

Do blokes dig scars? Seriously, on a woman? 😯

prezet
    Free Member

@cinnamon_girl – nosed in too early on some dirt jumps riding the bmx, cased it over the bars and smashed my collarbone. Had to drive an hour home afterwards too. Doc did a top job of pinning and plating it all back together.

Solo
    Free Member

Do blokes dig scars? Seriously, on a woman?

No, I wouldn’t appreciate a scar on a woman.
    Some are better than others to live with, obviously.
    And some are necessary.

Most of mine are behind the eyes.

Solo
    Free Member

@cinnamon_girl – nosed in too early on some dirt jumps riding the bmx, cased it over the bars and smashed my collarbone. Had to drive an hour home afterwards too. Doc did a top job of pinning and plating it all back together.

That reminds me of a fella I met who had broken his collar bone at Thetford forest.

I drove him in his car to Bury St Edmunds hospital, to get him patched up.

creamegg
    Free Member

where is this rock garden at Gethin woods? I want a go! Been meaning to have a nose round there for a while. Have they started work on the new trails yet?

Bunnyhop

That’s made me feel sick.
    Sadly c_g men don’t like scars on women and mine are on my knees, so visable in the summer.

kayak23

where is this rock garden at Gethin woods?

Its quite near the bottom, before the road gap. Its quite brutal really and has cost me a broken leg and a smashed up face, despite wearing full face. Here is Dan Atherton making it look like nowt…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqbANU5T1U[/video]

Solo
    Free Member

Sadly c_g men don’t like scars on women and mine are on my knees, so visable in the summer

For me, they may not be a deal breaker.
    But I certainly do not Dig them.

How about you MTB hotties then ?.
    Do you like a few knitting scars on your Men ?.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I quite like my wifes not so hairy axe wound 😉

Bunnyhop

There’s always one 🙄

earbyphil
    Free Member

Try Singletrack magazine issue 16 page 38!
    No they don’t!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

he he..

Solo
    Free Member

There’s always one

I was just ignoring it.

Woody
    Free Member

No, but when you ride at the limits of what is possible your ability on a mountainbike like what I does, accidents can happen

Fixed that for you 😉

cinnamon_girl

Well, I certainly wouldn’t dream of posting pics but following Summer’s road crash, I now have scars on both elbows and both knees, very small scar on face, tea-plate sized haematoma that did have some bruising on it (another fall), scars on calves from flat pedal pins.

I’m not a good advertisement for riding a bike or acting my age. 😳

Bunnyhop

I’m not a good advertisement for riding a bike or acting my age.

That is certainly not the case.
    We should form a non-couch potato club for people who do daft things, that sometimes hurt but make us happy. Members so far 2 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Lol at Bunnyhop. 🙂

maccruiskeen

I used to go out with a girl that had a scar that ran from the nape of her neck to the small of her back and it was really was rather attractive, although it did make you wonder whether you could unzip her and keep your pyjamas inside.

Solo
    Free Member

C_G.

That made me wince, just reading it.
    Not the scars thing, they don’t sound too bad.
    Just how you got them.

Solo
    Free Member

although it did make you wonder whether you could unzip her and keep your pyjamas inside.

😯

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

To return to the question, lol… I have a few and find that chicks don’t mind them but love that there are interesting stories behind them.

knottie8
    Free Member

not mine but my lads from his liver transplant carried out late december just gone.

the wound is healing slowly and has two holes which are being packed daily.

allthegear
    Free Member

Bunnyhop, cinnamon_girl – 3!!

Oh – and *everything* makes me bruise these days

Rachel

emma82
    Free Member

See I like scars, I wouldn’t wish one on anyone obviously but they all tell a story, I’ve got friends with scars from car crashes, falling off bikes, my younger brother has one from his collar bone to his belly button where the cracked his chest at 6 to sort his heart,, an older brother with scars on his arm from a motorbike accident etc etc, I don’t know many People without them. Saying it ‘wouldn’t be a deal breaker’ seems a bit mean/superficial? My scars might be ‘a deal breaker’ for some because they’re very visible and from self harm but like I say, they all tell a story and generally it’s a very interesting one 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Saying it ‘wouldn’t be a deal braker’ seems a bit mean/superficial?

Well then you’ve misunderstood.

Knottie.
    Thats some tough stuff.
    I hope your lad is doing Ok.

freeagent
    Free Member

Knottie8 – your lad wins – and he is the bravest person mentioned on this thread.

cinnamon_girl

knottie – did you have to post those??!! Genuinely happy that he is doing well. 🙂

Solo – is that really you in the pic? What did you do? Anything near eyes is scary. 😐

I went out for a solo road bike ride on a sunny afternoon. Woke up at nearly midnight in hospital. 😯

Polite request – does anyone have pics of an AC shoulder separation please? Thanks!

Cougar

I don’t know as I ‘dig’ scars exactly, but I’d take an action girlie with a few battle scars over a braindead peroxide oompa-loompa with a Chelsea facelift any day of the week. Even Tuesdays.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Chicks Dig Scars’ is closed to new replies.