Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Cheekiest Trail in the UK
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

Following on from the other thread. No not the lawn at Buckingham Palace but what would be the best cheeky trail?

SW coast path?
    Catbells?

Pieface

Snowdon on August Bank Holiday weekend at Lunch time?

zangolin
    Free Member

The one I rode last night.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The paths on Arthurs seat in Edinburgh? Queens property, local rules from before the land reform act state no cycling, ( alledgedly) Park police tell people off for riding them, needs a test case to define status

Drac

Edric 64's front lawn.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I would suggest that the best cheeky trail will be one that would never ever be mentioned on here.

mud-monster
    Free Member

Garden hoping as a kid. See how many front gardens you can get across bunny hopping little walls and flower beds…. Would not do that now but v fun at the time. [cheeky]

brakeswithface

That footpath through Jeremy Clarkson's garden?

Coyote
    Free Member

What richie said. +1

Edric64
    Free Member

Edric 64's front lawn.

hehe! it's very short you would have to do laps.I could put the log pile in the middle to create an obstacle if you want?

terrahawk
    Free Member

'Angry Farmer's Wife', Prestwich (Manchester).

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

SfB's back passage?

Edric64
    Free Member

Does that need a light or is the sun already there?

thomthumb
    Free Member

can't get in for his head!!

balfa
    Free Member

The paths on Arthurs seat in Edinburgh? Queens property, local rules from before the land reform act state no cycling, ( alledgedly) Park police tell people off for riding them, needs a test case to define status

I was told off on more than one occaision as a student for riding in the park. Once even involved several calling in a police unit as well as the wardens. What a waste of resources that was! That was all before the new legislation though. They were meant to review all the rules in light of the new access legislation but somehow it conveniently got forgotten about it. I'm more annoyed about they're approach to climbing than the biking. If it were France it would be a world class climbing venue for a city.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Windsor Great Park, the 'Long 'Walk' 😉

Dave
    Free Member

'Angry Farmer's Wife', Prestwich (Manchester).

We've got a trail called that too, it's a bridleway……

:o)

Coastal FP on the Isle of Wight as it passes the back gardens of some houses in Luccombe village.

First there's an old git selling ice creams who is in the 'Oi' category and goes completely mental if you tell him to **** off. A few yards further on an old dear selling home made jam gives you the verbals. Some more of these locals have been known to yell out as well.

10/10 for entertainment. The path is old tarmac and wide enough for a car anyway.

bigyinn
    Free Member

+1
    A couple of months back we deliberately walked past his house and he starts on us. I tried to point out we wern't actually riding, then he was going to call the police to come and confiscate our bikes. Tried to tell him i was pretty sure they cant actually do that, but he's welcome to try. Was incredibily polite to him and this didn't seem to work. Its good sport, like shooting fish in a barrel!

bigyinn
    Free Member

We rode a bridleway towards Shorewell years ago and ended up goign through the rockery of some country house, god know how we ended up there, but it rode quite well!

BikePawl
    Free Member

balfa – Member
    I'm more annoyed about they're approach to climbing than the biking. If it were France it would be a world class climbing venue for a city.

Except the rock is quite unstable and the thought of rocks dropping on the heads of tourists on the radical road is what is stopping them opening more of the crags to climbing

Drac

hehe! it's very short you would have to do laps.I could put the log pile in the middle to create an obstacle if you want?

I'd could trip over and Sue you for all you have. Muahahhaha!

Edric64
    Free Member

Which is f 'all so you'd not make much!

Tiger6791

Windsor Great Park, the 'Long 'Walk'

At 11pm with no lights.

I'm not scared of SO14

balfa
    Free Member

Except the rock is quite unstable and the thought of rocks dropping on the heads of tourists on the radical road is what is stopping them opening more of the crags to climbing

Don't agree. There may be some areas that are unstable but the majority is ok. Its not like its a shady dolerite quary that has been blasted for years. There are crags other than the craggs themselves that have no threat to people either. Climbing is permitted now but you are not allowed to place any gear! Talk about making it safer!

Thomohawk
    Free Member

balfa:
    That was all before the new legislation though

So is cycling permitted up there now?

Have to say I've been riding Arthur's Seat for years and never had any issues with rangers / police etc. Have heard of folks being told off… guess I've just been lucky.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I have a secret trail that follows a stream down a wooded valley then you can cycle through a tubular culvert at the bottom which takes the stream under a dual carriageway. It's like that scene in the 'Italian Job' but without the Mini's.

iain1775
    Free Member

It's like that scene in the 'Italian Job' but without the Mini's.

and with the gold substituted for a gold Hope seat QR?

BikePawl
    Free Member

balfa – Member
    Climbing is permitted now but you are not allowed to place any gear! Talk about making it safer!

Climbing is allowed in the south quarry, though you need to be a member of an MCofS affiliated club or get a permit from the park rangers. Didn't think they put any restrictions on what type of climbing you did in the south quarry. Though most of the leads have shocking belays at the top.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

and with the gold substituted for a gold Hope seat QR?

Ha ha! I wish.

angryratio
    Free Member

working in a department store means i've always been tempted to ride into the building sometime.
    Escalators, walk ways and slippy floors to ride over, then a carpet department with rugs for trials circus trick tomfoolery.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Cheekiest Trail in the UK’ is closed to new replies.