Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • checking Boundaries…
  • meehaja
    Free Member

Flicking through paperwork related to our house, it seems like we might own more than we thought.

Basically, we own the house, and the plot next to it (which makes for a large garden). This is clearly marked on various bit of paperwork. However, when we bought the house everything got tied up while we were waiting for something from the commonwealth bank of australia, from flicking through more paperwork, it seems that the bank of australia own the ginnel (snicket/path/passage) that runs between our boundary fence and next doors house (divided into flats).

This little path is not maintained, and the house next door doesn’t use it, but local fly tippers/teenage smokers use the path to get to the over grown gardens at the back. The police have told us that they would lie to build a big metal fence over the end.

Now, how do I find out if we own this? My thoughts are go to a solicitor, but obviously this will cost… Is there a central record I can access? If it was ours, it would only add, maybe 1.5m by 10m and involve knocking down a significant, but ugly wall, but it might be nice to have even more space!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Because you’re a twaat

CountZero

Land registry?

Onzadog
    Free Member

You might find the owners of the over grown gardens that it leads to have some access rights to it.

meehaja
    Free Member

Going to need to see a solicitor aren’t I?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

You can double check the plans/deeds online for a few quid. I think it’s available via land registry website as mentioned above. Tho I presume you have the plans with the deeds etc from your solicitor and they should tell you what you bought in the form of words and a diagram/plans, probably the same as you would view on the the L.R. website. So, you should already know if you’ve bought it (the snicket) or not, surely?.

If the Bank you bought the property off definitely also own the snicket, then maybe speak to them, but there may be access rights as mentioned above. So, even if you owned it, you can’t necessarily do much with it legally.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am sure a medical professional will be along shortly to tell you the facts

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

He comes on a MTB website and gets what he didn’t pay for! 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

Always good to have a code word when setting bound…. oh right houses, sorry. 🙂

Northwind

CaptainFlashheart – Member

This is getting kind of old. Not that it was very funny before it aged.

meehaja
    Free Member

Strictly speaking I am a medical professional, and Singletrack has never let me down in the past. Why google when you can ask a collection of IT professionals to do it for you?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    CaptainFlashheart – Member

This is getting kind of old. Not that it was very funny before it aged.

I guess the cut and paste saves the need for independent thought. Seems like borderline bullying to me though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘checking Boundaries…’ is closed to new replies.