Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cheapest place for a Fox Float service kit ?
  • emac65
    Free Member

Need to service two shocks & would rather not shell out £34 for a few seals if I can help it,cheers in advance…..

RustyMac

Loco Tuning is a little cheaper

http://locotuning.co.uk/fox-racing-shox-spare-parts.html

Simon seems a really decent guy and often contrabutes on here, If it was me i’d be sending my money his way.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Do you need new seals – have you just tried an air can service?

Edit: Simon @ Loco is a very approachable & knowledgeable chap and good to support the smaller businesses IMHO 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you need new seals – have you just tried an air can service?

+1
    Open it up, clean it, few drops of new fluid, screw it back together. Little and often.

honourablegeorge

Jensonusa.com have them v. cheap – whether postage offsets that I dunno

honourablegeorge
    emac65
    Free Member

The youngest of the two shocks is four years old on the same set of seals,with the odd air can service.The other one was bought secondhand and is older still.It’s time for new seals…..

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OK I know I’m being lazy but has anyone got a link to service instructions for Floats?

Ta

emac65
    Free Member

It’s dead easy ….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8BNsFcINQ[/video]

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thanks for the info

emac65
    Free Member

TBH I wouldn’t put my shock back in the frame before tightening it back together,too much chance of gettin crap in it or cross threading it that way.The bloke in the video has less a “faffy”, easier & better way of doing it…..

Went with Pedal On in the end -£16 each & they came first thing this morning….

RustyMac

Is Loco out of stock at the moment??

SBrock
    Free Member

do you have to use the Fox Float fluid?

will 5wt suspension fluid be ok?

RustyMac

float fluid is really quite thick stuff 5wt suspension fluid is not the same. For £2.25 from ebay i’d just buy a pillow pack and use the correct stuff.

SBrock
    Free Member

£2.25…. its worth it then for the correct stuff then!

RustyMac

Link to pillow pack

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fox-Float-Fluid-Pillow-Pack-5CC-/140624794112?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item20bde41200

***Discalmer***

i have nothing to do with this seller, i just done a quick search and founded it cheep i did 😉

SBrock
    Free Member

Rusty,

looks like the proper stuff!

Had my RP23 since March, think I may do a service but if the seals look ok just chuck a few drops of this stuff in and lubricate existing seals!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place for a Fox Float service kit ?’ is closed to new replies.