Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • cheapest car insurance??
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

hi, new driver to be << whats cheapest car insurance i can get for a 1 litre, i was looking at a 1 litre polo and was getting quote of 200+ a month :O shocking….help needed cheers!

Conqueror
    Free Member

first time you get it, it is bad

have a look on:

http://www.gocompare.com

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Look for the cheapest car to insure – its not always obvious. Try a polo rather than a saxo for example. Try adding yo9ur parents onto your insurance ( not the other way round) – sometimes that helps

mk1fan
    Free Member

You’ll need to shop around. But it’ll be a good wedge of money.

Xylene
    Free Member

|Hold your breath – A Rover City or a Rover 25 are cheap to insure and run, they are effectively throw away cars if ytou pick them up for around 500 quid as well.

They are awful, but they are so cheap to insure and run.

steveh

No one can answer this as it varies so much. If you’re just starting to drive and 17ish then 200 a month is a very good deal. You’ll need to try all the comparison sites, brokers and spend a lot of time on the phone/net to try as many companies as possible.

allyharp

Car choice for cheap insurance is far from obvious, and the smallest of cars won’t necessarily turn out to be cheapest. A good rule is to think ‘uncool’ – stray away from anything that’s likely to be modded by boy racers (Civics, Saxos, Clios, Corsas etc) and if you can face it try something by Daewoo or Kia. Again, try out some quotes on a medium rather than supermini and see how it compares.

One of the cheapest cars I found for insurance a while back was a 1.4 Nissan Almera from 1998ish.

emac65
    Free Member

20 yr old lad at work found Direct Line to be the cheapest for a 1.6 fiesta zetec this week,mind it was still 2k…..

My 17yr old son’s first insurance is £1,500 for his Clio with a tracker fitted.Means he can’t use it between 11pm & 7am(not a bad thing for a young driver) without paying a penalty charge,but the best quote we had it was over £3,000 without the tracker….

trail_rat
    Free Member

statistically safest thus one of cheapest to insure seems to be a land rover defender ….. – get nicked loads but paying out for a nicked car is still alot less than alot of crashes a 17 year old new drivers gonna have !

17yos in englandshire getting quotes of 800 for a year ……
    D
    im paying 150 with zero NCB on a 2.5td where as my van with 1.9D with 3 years ncb is 400

not that i suggest you get one as they aint good cars.

definantly look at something a grandad would drive – try a 1.5 citroen berlingo car (not the van) – generally driven by sensible safe drivers and old people – low value claims and little theft of them 😀

i had a 1.8D fiesta for my first car 7 years ago – was 600 quid fully comp – a 1.2fiesta was 2 grand ….

poly
    Free Member

May be cheaper if you are also on your parents insurance for their car, and tick the box which says “has access to another vehicle” on the form. Speaking to someone recently his son paid him the £400 extra to add him to his insurance (although he almost never drives “dad’s” can and certainly didn’t need to) because is saved him £600 off his own premium.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

My 1L corsa seems to put me well under the average insurance prices, due for renewal again, now with 2 years no claim and it has come down to £500 from £750 (for the year) in the could of years I’ve been driving it – I was 18 when I first got it insured.

Thats with Directline, they came in considerably cheaper than quotes I got from confused.com and comparethemarket

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘cheapest car insurance??’ is closed to new replies.