Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cheaper alternatives to a Float 36?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Been riding Fox for over 10 years now. What do the other big brands offer as an alternative to the Fox 36 range?

nmdbase
    Free Member

Lyric

jedi

lyrik or marz 55 imo

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. I was wondering if anyone did something similar but cheaper. Seems they don’t really! Well, certainly not cheaper.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Rock shox domain. Or rock shox sektor

MRanger156
    Free Member

The Lyrik is only £50 cheaper. Meant to be good though, at I hope so as just bought one!

nimo
    Free Member

I have got a marz 55 ata 2 with fully upgraded internals ( they had a reliability issue with the originals…..) they are black , good condition and yours for £75….

Onzadog
    Free Member

£75? What’s the catch?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They have ata internals…..

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

By all accounts X-Fusion Vengeances are as good or better than 36s and about £300 cheaper.

toons
    Free Member

What about second hand 36’s?

PJM1974
    Free Member

There desperately needs to be an outbreak of sanity in the 160mm fork marketplace.

Everything is expensive 🙁

ahwiles
    Free Member

domains are great forks – just a little heavy.

(only about half a kilo more than ‘air’ lyriks – yes i’ve owned and weighed both)

The chrome steel stanchions are bullet proof, very durable.

BoardinBob

Just buy 2nd hand. Loads of Lyriks kicking around for circa £250

steezysix
    Free Member

Another vote for Domains, yes they’re heavy but super plush, massively adjustable for climbs/descents and cheap! I got mine for £310 from Winstanleys and am absolutely loving them.

uplink
    Free Member

try ebay member coloradocycles

drop him an email of what you’re after, his prices are very good

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was looking second hand but the vendor wasn’t happy when I asked to check the stanchions!

mbydmt
    Free Member

Fox’s are insanely expensive new IMO.
    Although I have some 36Van RC2s for sale I could do for £260 posted 😉

slowrider
    Free Member

i got a decent price on some lyriks from winstanleys at the weekend. shop about a bit, theres good stuff out there for @£500 (which isnt cheap, just cheaper than £800+)

be good to see those x fusion ones break in to the market…

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Also now running Domains (had them for about 3 months now), was originally looking for a set of Lyriks, but a deal came up on a set of 2nd hand Domains, which was too good to turn down (£120).

They are noticably hefty weight wise (I have the coil u-turn ones), but the performance is similar to the Pikes they replaced.

Radioman

I’m selling my 160m Lyrik coils for £220. They are 1.125″ steerer with wind down, and in very good condition. I put them on classifieds a while back but no replies yet!! Reason for sale is i swapped them for 1.5″ steerer ones for my Nomad … stanchions etc absolutely perfect… not used much either as i have 4 bikes!!

toons
    Free Member

Onzadog did you find any forks?

I’ll have some of these forks sale next week (my email address is in my profile if you want the details)
    http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/fox-36-float-160-fit-rlc/

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cheaper alternatives to a Float 36?’ is closed to new replies.