• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by rob.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cheap lights…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Now – I’m sure this has been asked already but…

I’ve got some Lumiucycles for myself but want to get some other lights so my wife can join me riding (evening rides are most suitable due to babysitters being needed)

She’ll use the Lumi’s and I want something which will give me enough light to ride with but not cost the earth.

Realistically I want to pay as little as possible but have soemthing that is suitable. Not looking for best value – i.e. a set of lights at £150 which should really sell at £250 more the set of lights you could ride off road with but won’t break the bank.

Any suggestions?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Hope vision twin – great light and great backup from the blokes at Hope

will1
    Free Member

I have a set of Sigma lights that cost around £150 at the time but I will sell for £35 posted there are two lights and two batteries and various other bits. If you are interested I can dig out and check what’s there.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Will1 – Very interesting – What condition are they in and what’s the burn time like?

Ewan
    Free Member

Just get a P7 torch. I thought it was a load of cobblers to start with, just like ‘you can ride with a tescos torch’, but having got one and ridden with one, they’re amazing. Run time is about 1.5 hours on a single battery (mainly high with a bit of low), I brought the torch, 4 batteries and a fast charger for about 50 quid. Overpowered everything else on the ride and lovely and floody.

Dealextreme is your friend.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Have a read:http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/mountain_bike_lights_review_led.html
    Bought some myself and very impressed.

will1
    Free Member

Bushwacked
    let me have your details and I will mail you. Cheers

Bushwacked
    Free Member

OK – Its barnt at hotmail dot com

mboy
    Free Member

Bushwacked, have emailed you

lunge

‘you can ride with a tescos torch’,

You can, well I can anyway, with 2 of them, works well for me.

rob
    Free Member

DSC00042" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />p7 fom dealextreme

windyrich
    Free Member

Just getting into the night riding thing so i got 2 tescos for the bars which i have now modded to take 3 x AA rechargables. I also use a tesco torch on my lid and this seems to work well. Modded lights , i’m getting 3 hours runtime but that could be increased using better batteries.

3 x torches = £24

Mod = £10

Next on the list is a P7 for the lid instead.

Heres some pics….

And some crap beam shots using the phone camera to give you an idea.. 😕

racing_ralph
    Free Member

looks good

mud-dodger
    Free Member

Windyrich,
    Any chance you could send more details of mods you’ve made to your torches please, off here if you’d prefer as I’m sure most people on here are sick to death of ‘tesco torch threads’!!
    robwardley at hotmail dot com

Thanks in advance Rob

marvintheandroid
    Free Member

Rob, what is that mount on the P7 ? Looks pro.

Marv

rob
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Will1 – email me (cant find yours) markhoracekuk (AT) yahoo .com

rob
    Free Member

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cheap lights…’ is closed to new replies.