Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap lawnmower?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

Hover or rotary

Lawn (OK, weed-ridden grass) is maybe 15′ x 25′.

Absolute max budget of £100, but don’t want to end up “buying cheap buying twice”

Thanks!

matt_outandabout

eBay last year came up with a matching pair of Rover semi professional rotary’s with new B&S engines on, mulch or catch – £75 8)

simonbowns
    Free Member

If you’re near Sheffield, I have a spare.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

My Bosch wasn’t much over £60, cuts and collect much better than my old flymo (I reckon wheels are better than hover anyway) the grass doesn’t stick to the plastics, great. Could use a bigger collection bin, otherwise great

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I bought a second hand petrol Briggs & Stratton classic 35 from a local lawn mower shop. I think I paid £60 for it. It runs great, starts well an has no electric lead to run over.

samuri
    Free Member

Briggs & Stratton classic 35

I bought one of these off ebay for 50 quid anout 15 years ago. It’s just finally given up the ghost, awesome machine. Just about to buy another hopefully.

samuri
    Free Member

ooh, just won it. 36 quid on ebay for a second hand one, bet it runs for another ten years.

ski
    Free Member

Another vote for bosche for that size, could not believe how good a cut they give coming from a flymo, don’t be put off by the plastic, for the money they a great mower

br
    Free Member

I’ve one you can have if you’re near Aylesbury.

Bought for 100DM (£30) about 13 years ago, and still going strong. Nothing wrong with cheap if its well designed and made.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Si – YGM…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap lawnmower?’ is closed to new replies.