Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheap ES335alike.
  • Picto
    Free Member

Got a hankering to acquire a semi acoustic in the hope that I can one day learn to play the guitar. Been trying on and off for over 30 years and still rubbish.

Keep looking at epiphone dots, though started look at vintage vsa535. Do the guitar wielding massive have any opinion the two? Or any other ideas, not wanting to spend any more than these options.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Buy a new £500 copy, and it’s worth £250 the day after.

Buy a s/h one for twice as much, and it’s worth the same or more than you paid for it in 10 years.

And a decent guitar does encourage you to use the investment more. And sounds better. And saves the upgrade when you get the bug.

Picto
    Free Member

£1k wat more than I am considering. Appreciate the wisdom in their though. Contemplating more like £300 tops.

Ironically a secondhand dot off ebay seems to be almost the same price as a discounted new one.

Northwind

I’ve been out of the game for a while but Vintage used to do some really excellent guitars. Epiphone were upping their game though, revamping the horrible electronics they saddled their basic models with.

Lifer
    Free Member

Go and try some. 2 guitars from the same manufacturer can be completely different, and buy from the shop you try it in!

Picto
    Free Member

Probably right. I ought to do that, though tbh not completely sure I would notice the difference, yet. Probably suggests I ought to do it just to find out.

Like the look of the vintage ones and considerably cheaper than a dot secondhand. Excuse my northern tendencies kicking in there.

ross980
    Free Member

I’ve got a cherry red Dot, 30w Marshall amp,channel switch and a separate effects pedal that I haven’t played for years. I was planning on getting it down from the loft and selling it later this year, let me know if you’re interested.

EDIT: all in for your budget inc. leads, strap etc.

Lifer
    Free Member

You’ll know if it sounds good before you buy it, see if the neck is comfortable, how it balances when you sit down/on a strap etc

stratobiker
    Free Member

Either of them are more than capable.
    Buy them from as shop where you can try them if you can.

Buy the one that makes you just gotta pick it up and play more. The one that inspires you. By colour/shape/sound/xxx…. the one that makes you want to play more. That’s where the fun is.

SB

pop-larkin
    Free Member

ukeleles where it’s at

Picto
    Free Member

Much wisdom.

Ross980 if you are anywhere near Stafford I would be very interesting in trying the dot with a view to buying if it works for me and the price is OK. I have an amp and multieffects pedal, and early 80s distortion pedal.
    And a 30 year old guitar too, which is pretty good but fugly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheap ES335alike.’ is closed to new replies.