Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap aviemore accomodation
  • scottyjohn
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Me and the fam are heading north and would like to stay in Aviemore for a few days next week. Looking at hotels and they all seem pretty expensive if not full, are there any cheaper hotels, lodges, B&Bs that people can recommend?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Glenmore Lodge is outdoor education/actvity place that does accomodation. Clicky

They have a bike skills track but not sure if they hire bikes or not. £10 for a day on the skills track+steak with a glas of wine for dinner

Clobber
    Free Member

The youth hostel is pretty good…

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Cheers guys, the bunkhouse and Glenmore look good

dab

Scottyjohn
    Glenmore was not the best b&b when we stayed in march , it was clean but chilly
    Undergoing heating wasn’t much cop

They’ve also taken the Eco thing a bit far
    Breakfasts were a bit small and little choice

Could try getting a last minute on a holiday lodge or silver glades , pine bank chalets
    Quite often have spare places

High range motel behind la taverna is good value

Carrbridge worth a look too
    Jane @ the Melon patch is a nice b&b , very friendly , amazing breakfast too
    Nothing too much trouble

Hope that helps

whyter

The bunkhouse is OK. Nowhere to store bikes securely overnight, so you need to take big locks or store them in a car. Rooms (dorms) were quite hot when we were there, but it’s OK, and the pub next door is good for food and drinks, with tables outside if it’s nice.

Right next to the railway line too, so you get a nice early wake-up call when one trundles past 🙂

RudiBoy
    Free Member

I always stay the the boat in boat o garten

nice little inn/hotel

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Bunkhouse is pretty average as whyter states. Last time we went there wasn’t much room in the drying room and nowhere to store bikes safely – pub next door is excellent though.

gusamc
    Free Member

Possibly not what you want but I’m booked in at
    http://www.caravanscotland.com/wigwams.htm for later in the year.

*Note I’ve not used it, merely found it on web, using in Sept.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap aviemore accomodation’ is closed to new replies.